First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Thanks for the reply. The part I am struggling with is whether the change is worth the $. I plan to spend most off-road time in the sand, so I thought having more tire width and a hybrid or AT-type tread would be better in the sand, as I heard the KM2s don’t do that well in the sand even when aired down, but haven’t heard from anyone with direct experience with the Stock KM2s in the sand. Decisions, decisions...
Instead of paying the dealer $100 + for the speedo fix, I simply bought the Flashcal so I can change the settings all I want, and change a few other settings I didnt like.

P.S. those tires will be fine and I practically promise you they are quieter than those crap KM2 that came on your ride.
Sponsored

MoabMaddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
These are quick snapshots, let me know if you want other pictures. It has been about one month since I put these on my Moab, I am still seriously impressed with them. In the rain they have preformed great. Today we had a downpour 2-3 inches with standing water, was impressed with the way they cut thru the water..

IMG_4502.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4499.jpg

MoabMaddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
It is Negligible, 22 revolutions per mile different. Waze and the speedometer are consistent.
and a few months driving on these tires, and they are still fantastic! Hope this helps.

Sponsored

Zagman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 4 door
Thanks! Probably my next upgrade as the stock KM2 are already really loud!
Hi there - here in NZ the Rubicon has only just arrived and comes as stock with the KM2s (255/75/17s). Read a heap of reviews, some good, some bad, but they seemed safe on most tarmac surfaces and pretty much unbeatable off road. But the road noise and occasional dodgy tracking wasn't for me so I've just fitted BFG AT T/A KO2s (275/70/17). An issue is finding a tire that doesn't totally throw out the speedo and these show only a 0.31% differential. Way quieter, better tracking, better on sand and snow, and seem great on mud. I'll get a set of OEM 17" spare wheels for the KM2s but doubt I'll use them. I reckon the KM2s were only chosen to add to the looks of the Rubicon.

norbert

First Name
Norbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab Billet Silver/Black
Finally upgrade the crappy KM2s with the 285/70 17 K02s. And wow, looks great! Ride great and are quiet. These are the tires it should have come with. If you have a MOAB on stock tires get the 33s next time. I saw no difference in the speedo when compared to Waze. Did I mention they look great? Thanks all for the solid advice.

midwestmaob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Thx for advice guys. Replaced shot KM2’s On 2019 Moab with the larger 285/70 17 K02s today and they look great and handled well in rain today. Super quiet compared to the Km2s.

MoabMaddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
About 7 month and 10K miles and the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus 285/70/17 are still awesome and quiet. Hope this helps.
Sponsored