Moab - October? Ouray - September?

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So This trip to Moab has been fantastic. Arrived in town on the 5th and leaving on the 16th. Started out by meeting with Mike and his gf from PA. Great couple and their baby Chloe, such a sweetheart. Anyway we took on some trails and have gone at it pretty hard. If it wasn't for them I would not have taken on two of the trails we finished together (Top of the World and Metal Masher) we also did Poison Spider, Hell's Revenge and Fins N Things. We started Finns N Things by hitting Porcupine Rim first and that was a pretty hairy trail in places but a good start to finns. We had a few easy days with potash trail and schaffer switchbacks, gemini bridges, long canyon and willow springs road into arches. We are having a down day tomorrow to decompress and get ready for the last part of our vacation. I want to thank mike and patty for meeting with us, we couldn't have had better company. looking forward to doing it again in May with you guys. I will add photos when i get back home on the 22nd.
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Imogene is back open fully. @Krondor we might be heading back Saturday now instead of Friday.
Awesome. We are meeting George @Blksmth out there and haven’t settled all the plans yet. Hope we can meet up on the trail before you head out. :beer:

OP
OP
Amaruq

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Awesome. We are meeting George @Blksmth out there and haven’t settled all the plans yet. Hope we can meet up on the trail before you head out. :beer:
Agreed. Currently rearranging my trail plans since Imogene is fully open. Going to hit the Alpine Loop first tomorrow.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
So This trip to Moab has been fantastic. Arrived in town on the 5th and leaving on the 16th. Started out by meeting with Mike and his gf from PA. Great couple and their baby Chloe, such a sweetheart. Anyway we took on some trails and have gone at it pretty hard. If it wasn't for them I would not have taken on two of the trails we finished together (Top of the World and Metal Masher) we also did Poison Spider, Hell's Revenge and Fins N Things. We started Finns N Things by hitting Porcupine Rim first and that was a pretty hairy trail in places but a good start to finns. We had a few easy days with potash trail and schaffer switchbacks, gemini bridges, long canyon and willow springs road into arches. We are having a down day tomorrow to decompress and get ready for the last part of our vacation. I want to thank mike and patty for meeting with us, we couldn't have had better company. looking forward to doing it again in May with you guys. I will add photos when i get back home on the 22nd.
Awesome trip bro.... it was great meeting up with you 2.... it confirms my belief that there still are great people left in this world.... can't wait to do it again here or anywhere else.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Amaruq

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
What a long fricking day. Worth it though. Took 2 from Silverton to engineer pass, to cinnamon pass and then back to 550 via California/hurricane/corkscrew.
absolutely gorgeous.

OP
OP
Amaruq

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I’m on Imogene and just got a electronic throttle warning and a bouncy idle throttle.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I’m on Imogene and just got a electronic throttle warning and a bouncy idle throttle.
Check TPS connection under the hood?
Shut the Jeep off and check the fuses as well.

Then start and see how it goes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Amaruq

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Check TPS connection under the hood?
Shut the Jeep off and check the fuses as well.

Then start and see how it goes.
Connection is good. Think it’s just hot? Pour water on it?

OP
OP
Amaruq

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Don't pour water on it. Did you shutdown and check fuses?
Shut it down and cooling off for a bit. One fuse was sticking up a bit but reseated it. Need to check to see which one it was.

OP
OP
Amaruq

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Got to the top of Imogene okay since then. No issue. Held it at 2200 in 2nd and 4Lo. The weird thing is the big ass fan never came on. Only for a few minutes before this issue started. Letting it cool longer again before heading towards Ouray.
Sponsored

Last edited: