Sponsored

Moab - October? Ouray - September?

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Can't Wait. I'm already working on a plan for May. I might like to squeeze in a couple Colorado trails while out there.
Fantastic I am up for 3-5 days in Colorado prior to Moab..... or a week LoL... you know how it goes sometimes...... :CWL::like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Amaruq

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Last year on Colorado pass trails that were open, I had the same experiences. It felt like I was on a poorly organized event. From Colorado I went up into the Bighorns in Wyoming and was eerily alone until the BigHorn Jeep Jamboree. Before the event, on the trails I saw pretty much every N. American wild animal but a Griz. It was like Yellowstone without people. BTW, Big Horn Jeep Jam was a good one.
I need to make a trip to Wyoming and Montana. And Idaho. Lol

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Leaves are changing in Ouray now and the weather was great. I don't know how long that will last, but it was an awesome trip and the views are epic. My choice over Moab, though I still love Moab and will be getting there next month myself.
After some back and forth debate... I think we're gonna try to do Ouray in 2 weeks if the weather holds up. I had no idea that Moab was so busy in October. There are almost no camping spots with electric access. I'd rather do Moab next spring I think.

So we might miss all the leaves changing in Ouray, but the trails and views should still be epic. As long as no snow, should be a fun time. Our travel trailer is heated so colder temps don't bother me. If anything, hoping it won't be as busy and less SXS on the trails.

Does anyone know... If we went to the top of the Black Bear... do you think a group or couple jeeps would let someone tag along and help spot going into telluride? I feel like last year, everyone was super nice and helpful. But I'm always nervous to ask and don't want to slow anyone down. I didn't know if anyone ever does that though.

OP
OP
Amaruq

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
After some back and forth debate... I think we're gonna try to do Ouray in 2 weeks if the weather holds up. I had no idea that Moab was so busy in October. There are almost no camping spots with electric access. I'd rather do Moab next spring I think.

So we might miss all the leaves changing in Ouray, but the trails and views should still be epic. As long as no snow, should be a fun time. Our travel trailer is heated so colder temps don't bother me. If anything, hoping it won't be as busy and less SXS on the trails.

Does anyone know... If we went to the top of the Black Bear... do you think a group or couple jeeps would let someone tag along and help spot going into telluride? I feel like last year, everyone was super nice and helpful. But I'm always nervous to ask and don't want to slow anyone down. I didn't know if anyone ever does that though.
There’s a small turnout right before the steps where you can enjoy the views until someone comes along.

IowaJLUR

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon 2.0L
Are you still planning on Ouray next month? Trying to decide if we go back to ouray this year or try moab. There are several trails in Ouray that we didn't do last year. Black Bear was one of them. I don't feel comfortable doing without a spotter. I also showed the wife some videos and she said "nope". haha.
Yea we are! Looking like the week of 10/5. Then to Moab via Rim Rocker towards end of week

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea we are! Looking like the week of 10/5. Then to Moab via Rim Rocker towards end of week
Shoot! I'm gonna miss you by a week. We're gonna be in Ouray 10/11-10/15. We wanted to go the week you are, but work just won't allow it. We talked about doing Moab after but I couldn't find a post for our travel trailer. So gonna do that next spring. If your plans change, send me a PM.

OP
OP
Amaruq

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Shoot! I'm gonna miss you by a week. We're gonna be in Ouray 10/11-10/15. We wanted to go the week you are, but work just won't allow it. We talked about doing Moab after but I couldn't find a post for our travel trailer. So gonna do that next spring. If your plans change, send me a PM.
I saw a bunch of rv hook-ups on Airbnb, strangely. Have you tried there?

HoosierUte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara, 2018 Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Intellectual Property

we will be out there starting on the 14th, would love somebody to run Black Bear with. Never done it either

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
we will be out there starting on the 14th, would love somebody to run Black Bear with. Never done it either
The 14th might be my last day, but hit me up. Not sure I can convince the wife to do BB with me though.

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Didn’t read all 8pages but I’ll be wheeling in Ouray on October 9,10,11 and climbing Sneffels again on of those days. I did them all in the monsoon back in late July.

JMacRevo

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I will be in Moab with another couple from the evening of 10/10 (technically tonight) til the morning of 10/17. Would love to meet up and go wheeling with some people. Let me know if anyone is interested in getting together.

OP
OP
Amaruq

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I will be in Moab with another couple from the evening of 10/10 (technically tonight) til the morning of 10/17. Would love to meet up and go wheeling with some people. Let me know if anyone is interested in getting together.
Right on! I’ll be there Monday to Saturday.

OP
OP
Amaruq

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Completely Stock 2-dr Rubi all good so far.
Hells, Elephant Hill, Top o’ the Earth.
Sponsored