Sponsored

MOAB Edition JL Club Thread

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
Most of the standards on the Moab are options on a Rubicon. Take a higher starting price, start adding options and you end up with a comparably equipped (creature comfort wise) Rubicon that is considerably more expensive than a Moab. My opinion, the Moab is a really nice trim. Just isn’t quite the combination of options I wanted so I went a different path. From the pictures I have seen so far the Moab is a bad @ss looking rig that is highly capable to boot. If someone wants some comforts and doesn’t want to build from the ground up its a good option imo.
Sponsored

Flip888

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cbr1krr, DRZ4-sm, Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Business owner.
Almost $54k for a Jeep Wrangler... That's crazy.

It might be worth it if the Moab was a factory upgraded Rubicon or something. 37'' tires, better bumpers, better skid plates, a few extra inches of lift, 4.88 gears, different locker options, a factory winch, strengthened Dana 44s. Maybe even Dana 60s. Or portal axles.

Then it would be worth $54k.

Last edited:

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
The MOAB I looked at had 255/75/17 tires, it had the rear differential Anti-Spin and full time 4WD. The front fenders were at the standard height, not raised like the Rubicon. Honestly I expected more, it was like a Sahara with M/T tires on it. A functional hood scoop was listed. Interesting that only the front number was steel, the rear was not.
It kind of confused me trying to figure out why this? and not that? As far as options

FalKor JLU

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
I went to pick up the license plates for my new Jeep today at my local dealer and spotted a new Moab! They said it was delivered just 3 days ago!!

Cool!

It even came from the factory with the Mopar headliners?!?!? I’m surprised a Moab comes from factory with a a headliner but a Sahara doesn’t? Or does a Sahara come with a headliner only if you order your own?

Enjoy the pictures!

zQxSHtU5TauXCdUwuwX7YQ.jpg

yS8Z0MajQfePAtwXed+vWQ.jpg

rUfZ4JboT2un6CCgf3vpVg.jpg

GxwyjwaMTV2vowimwjJOig.jpg

DBy9GshkQD20CxssRk3vag.jpg

AkOi+1uGRICgNLRlJVmIXw.jpg

kIHMYxe7RgWIweTKU1kTQg.jpg

xMPZtRVcQES%0qIfSbWtoA.jpg

WInrNEA4RIG%U00kqoZv0Q.jpg

MPJjdRrERzqwqimnNKoc3w.jpg

cjQ3QUd5Qui5hl3hsN7Qkg.jpg

zF8Ug4swSuu4oV2Y4mBhXA.jpg

AHLMnmZISEWSCBKL9oru4A.jpg

DYQEmUeWSIWE4n1sMbhsrA.jpg

View attachment 96857
What size tires/wheels are those?

Sponsored

Robp7787

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU High Altitude; 2010 Liberty -named Turtle
Anyone have a MOAB in Ocean Blue they might want to post a picture of?

I was hoping to see one to help me decide if this is what I want to order.

Cabg

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
porsche 911, nissan xtera, nissan pathfinder, honda crv
Almost $54k for a Jeep Wrangler... That's crazy.

It might be worth it if the Moab was a factory upgraded Rubicon or something. 37'' tires, better bumpers, better skid plates, a few extra inches of lift, 4.88 gears, different locker options, a factory winch, strengthened Dana 44s. Maybe even Dana 60s. Or portal axles.

Then it would be worth $54k.
Rubicon can hit high 50’s and doesn’t have all that, but if you want those options you can buy a sport s and add them. I purchased a Moab because it has what I wanted for my daily driver with weekend fun optional.
Of course with those options I wouldn’t be able to use as my primary car and you will be in the 50’s on total cost.
That’s the fun of jeeps, to each their own! Kinda like ice cream flavors - you just don’t have to hate on the other flavors

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
Hehe, I have to admit I'm not a fan of black wheels either. Maybe just too old school but I've got black steelies engrained in the back of my mind as being the 'cheap' wheels. Pity we can't order up a Jeep build and have these wheels swapped in instead... jeep 17" satin carbon off road wheel pn#770724711 part is from the JL accessory catalog.

I can see the logic of the Moab package, I'd prefer the Rubi hood and front bumper that can be converted to winch easily but not necessarily the added complexity of the electronic underpinnings which may become problematic way down the road. Note that I keep my vehicles for ridiculously long periods of time so complexity=possibly big expense or hard to find parts way off in the future.

Up here I can get a Sahara or a Sport S unlimited for the same cost according to autotrader.ca which I find interesting. I have not seen a Moab listed so not sure if we got them up here but given the differences in pricing I would certainly take a look at it.

Perhaps using the Moab name for the trim level was a mistake as it does kind of make you think that it might be an upgraded Rubicon but seems to me the majority of JL's at least up here never venture too far off pavement..... why I see a lot of Sahara's granted we seem to have a glut of them and they are being slightly more discounted then the other models.

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
If any of you Moab owners want to trade your wheels for my rubi wheels, let me know. I pulled mine off my rubi at 60 miles... they are sitting in boxes. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Sponsored

Cabg

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
porsche 911, nissan xtera, nissan pathfinder, honda crv
If any of you Moab owners want to trade your wheels for my rubi wheels, let me know. I pulled mine off my rubi at 60 miles... they are sitting in boxes. Shoot me a PM if interested.
Ape, how does rubi handle without wheels? Did it fix the wobble?
;))

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
Dying to see pics of a Moab lifted w 37s.

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Any MOAB’ers removing their steal bumpers for an aftermarket one, please HMU. I would purchase stock bumper. Figure I’ll try lol.