Sponsored

MOAB Edition JL Club Thread

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Any MOAB owners who want new rock sliders and want to sell the factory ones send me an IM. I am looking for a set of the factory ones that come with the MOAB.
Sponsored

pdavey168

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Grey, 2020 JT Launch Edition Bright White, 2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
CEO offroadparts.com
Holy cow, I didn't realize these were priced damn near the same as a not so fully loaded Rubicon.

nova99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5 50i Black Sapphire, 2019 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 Duramax Ebony Twilight, 2018 JLUR Bright White
The one with the window sticker is priced above my JLUR - holy smokes. They also put old KM2's on them when the KM3 has been out for awhile? No way I want those things on my new JL. They suck for any type of pavement driving.

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
They also put old KM2's on them when the KM3 has been out for awhile? No way I want those things on my new JL. They suck for any type of pavement driving.
Agreed. The KM2’s are quiet for about 500 miles... then they howl like hell. Don’t get me started on steering...

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Still no Punk'in orange MOAB!?
im waiting see the Mojito....just squint at the Red one pictured above,,for orange ..haha

i hate the all black wheels and MT tires though. ugh. i would go with this over the Rubi, but the rims and tires and no red stitching ended that idea

Sponsored

nova99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5 50i Black Sapphire, 2019 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 Duramax Ebony Twilight, 2018 JLUR Bright White
im waiting see the Mojito....just squint at the Red one pictured above,,for orange ..haha

i hate the all black wheels and MT tires though. ugh. i would go with this over the Rubi, but the rims and tires and no red stitching ended that idea
Agree - For the money they are asking seems like a MOAB is a step backwards with old tires/rims (all black wheels - is that trend over yet?) and other less desirable items. But is does have a MOAB sticker on the hood.

MrMoab

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
Here's my personal opinion on Jeep Colors & rim/accent colors & mod choices. I have admired Jeeps all my life but never puchased one. I've driven different models of 4Runners for 15 yrs & have really liked them all. However now with the JL I feel really comfortable ordering my 1st Jeep because the interior is finally top shelf & has the creature comforts I desire. Also I get the benefits of top off, doors off, hardtop t tops off when I desire. Pretty badass to have these options I didn't have on my 4 Runner. As for colors & Rims & Mods it's like music. I love some old 70s & 80s rock & roll and will be jamming to this with top on in the winter & soft top down in the summer. Different people like different music & different colors & Jeep models/editions. That's the attraction for me, even though I may not like your mods or colors or Rubicon vs Sahara vs Sport a Jeep is awesome and tailor it to your individual taste. I promise you I'm going to waive at you no matter what Jeep you have.

Last edited:

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
$53,690 for the MOAB and my near fully loaded JLUR costed $54,400.

Not sure this makes any sense. Seems like mostly an appearance package with no real added functionality over the Sahara.

With my JLUR just a bit more I gain larger tires, e-lockers, swaybar disco, steel rear bumper, aux power pkg, 4.10 gear ratio, HD axles, and high clearnance fenders although the ones on the MOAB look like they are the JLUR version.

With the MOAB you’ll get full time 4WD system, anti-spin rear diff, colors matched top, headliner, and the step assist sliders.

Any other differences I’m missing? Just seems like a lot to pay to not look like a Sahara, but not quite like a Rubicon.

I think FCA should have at least added some additional capability like maybe a rear e-locker.

MrMoab

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
For my options the Rubicon was $2355 higher than the Moab & that's with not selecting steel bumper pkg. The Moab includes front steel bumper & better rock rails. Considering I will not need the extra Rubi features (which are awesome if u Rock crawl) this was a no brainer to go Moab.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Let me summarize the majority of posts on this thread

OH NO, SOMEONE MADE A DIFFERENT CHOICE THAN I MADE! LET ME ANGRILY TYPE OUT WHY THEY’RE WRONG INSTEAD OF JUST LETTING IT GO AND MOVING ON!

And there, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call a “troll”. It is why the internet sucks in 2018.

JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB

Not sure this makes any sense. Seems like mostly an appearance package with no real added functionality over the Sahara.

With my JLUR just a bit more I gain larger tires, e-lockers, swaybar disco, steel rear bumper, aux power pkg, 4.10 gear ratio, HD axles, and high clearnance fenders although the ones on the MOAB look like they are the JLUR version.

With the MOAB you’ll get full time 4WD system, anti-spin rear diff, colors matched top, headliner, and the step assist sliders.

Any other differences I’m missing? Just seems like a lot to pay to not look like a Sahara, but not quite like a Rubicon.

I think FCA should have at least added some additional capability like maybe a rear e-locker.
Basically a fully loaded Sahara with the more aggressive Rubicon body, steel bumper, and body colored fenders. The options you mentioned above are all available for the Sahara as add-ons. I agree that some new features would be nice (beyond a new style rock slider and black wheels), but the JL is still young. For me paying extra for the Rubicon didn't make sense. I live in Florida, have 3 kids under the age of 5, and no bolder action anywhere near here. In my eyes the Sahara was just to basic in appearance. So in came the MOAB and I placed my order.

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Guys (JxRYE / Columbus104), first of all congrats on the Jeep...hope my post didn't come across as angry. Also, I totally agree with your decision, just my initial reaction didn't take into consideration the other things you've both pointed out.

I've done something similar with my previous car, an Audi A4. I added what's called a competition package in a 2015 A4. It basically made the A4 look like an S4 without the supercharged engine. Also, the cost difference between my A4 and an S4 was around $3,000. I jumped online to post about my purchase and was hit with a combination of great car and also the question of why I didn't just get an S4 or wait for the redesigned 2016 A4. Well, the S4 was more expensive in insurance, price, maintenance, etc. In other words, for what I needed and wanted my A4 was the right car for me.

Happy Jeep'in.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT

Basically a fully loaded Sahara with the more aggressive Rubicon body, steel bumper, and body colored fenders. The options you mentioned above are all available for the Sahara as add-ons. I agree that some new features would be nice (beyond a new style rock slider and black wheels), but the JL is still young. For me paying extra for the Rubicon didn't make sense. I live in Florida, have 3 kids under the age of 5, and no bolder action anywhere near here. In my eyes the Sahara was just to basic in appearance. So in came the MOAB and I placed my order.
I also would get the Moab it has a lot of items I don’t want to pay extra for with the RUBI....but!...because honestly the only reason the wife and I like the rubicon is the hood and rims and MOJITO ...oh and most importantly the red stitching in the leather. We have no use for the Rubicon but we just like it. Haha no other reason. It’s kinda why i I bought the Oscar Mike ED in 2013 ...we loved the Commando green and the stars...
Sponsored