MOAB Edition JL Club Thread

gogetgriff

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Moab (Ocean Blue)
If just going to 35s I would utilize a spare tire relocation bracket. Much cheaper and should handle 35 with no problem. There’s members on here that ran 37s on them with no issues unless doing hard offroad. Good part is not a bunch of dollars if you decide to change out later.
That’s perfect, thank you!!
Sponsored

Ed Teach

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Moab
Occupation
Retired LEO
Had my Moab for about a year and now I am finally getting ready to do some modding!! It's still stock with the KM2s. This is the first Jeep I've had and I have a few questions if you fellow Moab owners wouldn't mind helping. Wanting to do the 315/70/17 KO2 and keep the stock wheels. I really like the look of the black matte stock wheels. I am not wanting to add a real high lift because my wife and two little ones will be climbing in and out of it daily, and it is one of our daily drivers. Perhaps a 1.5 or 2.5? With 35s and a 1.5 or 2.5 will I need to regear at all? With a 1.5 or 2.5 will that be enough for 35 or will there be rubbing? Again, new to this so I appreciate the help and patience.

richsteele

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 OB JLR
Had my Moab for about a year and now I am finally getting ready to do some modding!! It's still stock with the KM2s. This is the first Jeep I've had and I have a few questions if you fellow Moab owners wouldn't mind helping. Wanting to do the 315/70/17 KO2 and keep the stock wheels. I really like the look of the black matte stock wheels. I am not wanting to add a real high lift because my wife and two little ones will be climbing in and out of it daily, and it is one of our daily drivers. Perhaps a 1.5 or 2.5? With 35s and a 1.5 or 2.5 will I need to regear at all? With a 1.5 or 2.5 will that be enough for 35 or will there be rubbing? Again, new to this so I appreciate the help and patience.
Check out @tatarin 's MOAB build (specs are in this signature). Sounds just like what you want to do.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-jeep-jl-today.3033/page-949#post-629402

Ed Teach

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Moab
Occupation
Retired LEO

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
Super helpful, thank you so much!
FYI, despite the fact that I run Ridge Grapplers on my JKU (& like them), my tire guy talked me out of them this morning for my JLU. We were discussing the new TOYO Open Country AT3 for my Ranger and he suggested that that would be a better overall tire for the JLU, as well, especially as he thought the Mrs would like it better in the winter as the tire is Three-Peak Mountain Snow rated. He said he had been getting complaints about the Ridge Grappler over this past winter for its lack of ice and snow merits, although I had no real problems. But since I’m willing to try new stuff, I ordered five of the TOYOs in P285/70R17 and will give them a shot. Besides, they cost less than the Nitto’s and only weigh 46 lbs, which is actually about (3) three pounds less than the RGs and (9) nine pounds less than the factory KM2s.

Sponsored

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! Yeah that is pretty much exactly what I am looking for. @tatarin did you have to do any regearing? Anything you would change about your current build?
I haven’t re-geared, I don’t feel the need for it yet. I might do 4.56 or 4.88 gears one day. I have Superchips Flashpaq tune on it and it seems to have plenty of power. It does shift to 8th on the highway if it’s flat so I’m content. Currently my MPG is at 19.8 with stop and go and around town driving and I’m pretty happy with that!

I wouldn’t change a thing on my current setup, I’m kind of OCD about it! I wanted to make sure that the parts I installed are 100% what I need/want and quality.

ShineJL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Wrangler
*Ocean Blue MOAB has entered the chat*

Eh em... Make that only ONE more leftover MOAB over at Jim Manning! I just picked up my first Jeep ever this past Thursday! LA to Dinuba, CA and back, HAH!! :party:
How much did the ultimately sell you the car for?

Ed Teach

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Moab
Occupation
Retired LEO
I haven’t re-geared, I don’t feel the need for it yet. I might do 4.56 or 4.88 gears one day. I have Superchips Flashpaq tune on it and it seems to have plenty of power. It does shift to 8th on the highway if it’s flat so I’m content. Currently my MPG is at 19.8 with stop and go and around town driving and I’m pretty happy with that!

I wouldn’t change a thing on my current setup, I’m kind of OCD about it! I wanted to make sure that the parts I installed are 100% what I need/want and quality.
Thanks for the reply. I am debating on doing almost exactly what you did with the teraflex spacers or doing the Dynatrac 2 inch enduro lift. Good to know you didn't have to regear. 19.8 MPG is crazy good! I only get about 16.. Maybe I should slow down a little bit! HA

Sponsored

Teneski

First Name
Teneski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Unlimited Mojito MOAB
Occupation
Entreperneur
Question for the thread..... I know some of you have posted about their winch installs before. Who has installed a winch using the stock steel front bumper and what winch and mounting plate did you select and why. Looking for two key points: American made and a very low profile design like I have seen with some Warn installations. If you got to do it again, what would you do differently the second time around? Thanks

palmor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, 2018 JLU Moab
*Ocean Blue MOAB has entered the chat*

Eh em... Make that only ONE more leftover MOAB over at Jim Manning! I just picked up my first Jeep ever this past Thursday! LA to Dinuba, CA and back, HAH!! :party:
Congrats! Best color (although I may be biased).

Rla1022

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Moab
Question for the thread..... I know some of you have posted about their winch installs before. Who has installed a winch using the stock steel front bumper and what winch and mounting plate did you select and why. Looking for two key points: American made and a very low profile design like I have seen with some Warn installations. If you got to do it again, what would you do differently the second time around? Thanks
I had the dealership move my winch from my 2015 to the new 2019 Moab last summer, when I purchased. They threw in the MOPAR winch plate. No Issues here.

Last edited:

Megalodon

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Jeep, 2500 dodge, ctsv cad, corolla toy, sportster HD
This is my install:
A Badland 12000 with a Rusty's Plate.
I may delete the trim face plate that came with Rusty Mtg. plate. It doesn't fit the contour of the bumper right. Also I would cut the hole in the top trim piece smaller and maybe weld in a piece to cover more toward the grill.

2019 Jeep Winch.jpg

2019 Jeep Winch1.jpg
Sponsored