Sponsored

Misssing Trim Screws

JL Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Hello. I found that my 2018 JL was missing a few screws from the factory. The screws are the 3 trim screws that hold the large piece of trim around the dome light to the roll bar. Not only were the screws missing but the expansion(?) nuts are not in the roll bar. I found the screws but cannot find the nuts anywhere. These are the same nuts used to hold on all the roll bar trim pieces. Anyone have any idea where to find these? The dealer could not find this part as it is not on the parts diagram.
Sponsored

Jeepnjohnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Hello. I found that my 2018 JL was missing a few screws from the factory. The screws are the 3 trim screws that hold the large piece of trim around the dome light to the roll bar. Not only were the screws missing but the expansion(?) nuts are not in the roll bar. I found the screws but cannot find the nuts anywhere. These are the same nuts used to hold on all the roll bar trim pieces. Anyone have any idea where to find these? The dealer could not find this part as it is not on the parts diagram.
Hello,
Were you ever able to track down the expansion nuts? I have this problem, and can’t find them anywhere.
Thanks,
John

OP
OP

JL Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Hello,
Were you ever able to track down the expansion nuts? I have this problem, and can’t find them anywhere.
Thanks,
John
I have been looking for YEARS now and still can't find these things. It is really annoying beacuse the trim vibrates since it is not screwed down. Thought it was a blown speaker in the sound bar but nope it is the loose trim. Quality control at Jeep SUCKS!!!!!!

Jeepnjohnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been looking for YEARS now and still can't find these things. It is really annoying beacuse the trim vibrates since it is not screwed down. Thought it was a blown speaker in the sound bar but nope it is the loose trim. Quality control at Jeep SUCKS!!!!!!
I finally found them and purchased a few. The nuts were pretty cheap, but they charged a fortune for the screw. Let me know if you want the info.
John

OP
OP

JL Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
I finally found them and purchased a few. The nuts were pretty cheap, but they charged a fortune for the screw. Let me know if you want the info.
John
Please send the info. I found the screws and they were cheap but could never find the spring nuts. Actually I found the smaller version that is used on some of the other trim but the spring nuts missing on my soundbar trim are much larger.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JL Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Here is a pic of what I need. Not my jeep stole it from another poster
Jeep Wrangler JL Misssing Trim Screws Inked20190422_203119_LI

Jeepnjohnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jeepnjohnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This what they look like. A little shorter, but still fit fine on my roll bars, especially when expanded.

Jeep Wrangler JL Misssing Trim Screws IMG-8462b

OP
OP

JL Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
So after years of searching I found the correct spring nut. It is not listed on any of the 2018 JL parts diagrams BUT it is listed on the 2020 JL or Gladiator diagrams. The correct part number is 6512735AA. Hope this helps someone.

Sponsored

Jeepnjohnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So after years of searching I found the correct spring nut. It is not listed on any of the 2018 JL parts diagrams BUT it is listed on the 2020 JL or Gladiator diagrams. The correct part number is 6512735AA. Hope this helps someone.
Good news. Strange it was never listed in the JL parts. As I mentioned, the one I found for the visor worked in the roll bar, but I would much rather have the exact one.

Thanks,
Johnny

amagneus

First Name
amagneus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 3.6L Gas eTorque

I know I am late on this Party but how did you manage to remove/replace this from the rollbar.? what technique or tools did you use?

amagneus

First Name
amagneus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 3.6L Gas eTorque
This what they look like. A little shorter, but still fit fine on my roll bars, especially when expanded.

Jeep Wrangler JL Misssing Trim Screws IMG-8462b
How to remove this things out? any tools to be used? mine is broken and need to be replaced.
Sponsored