DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I was working directly with mishimoto testing the catch can at altitude. they were keeping me in the loop on a VERY regular basis.
They appear to be a great company. So they told you they reached out to Jeep?
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
there was communication back and forth supposedly.
I can imagine Jeep told them they couldn't endorse that kind of accessory. I'd be shocked if they did, unless they did it with a nondisclosure agreement. Doesn't sound like that is the case. I just can't imagine a compelling reason for them to get involved in that.

That said, I'm sure Mishimoto will figure it out, if people consistently get the same CEL code.

huckleberryshin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Is there a guess % of people are getting the CEL with the oil catch can?

BaileyMason96

First Name
Bailey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I removed my catch can for now until the day comes where mishimoto and jeep can work together to stop the CEL from coming on. they've been great to work with, super responsive etc, (mishimoto) but i just got tired of resetting the CEL every other restart. i'm one of those people that doesn't like a light blaring at you on the dash all the time lol!
Hey, do you (or anyone else reading this) know what the part number is for the stock hose that has to be removed? I accidentally threw it away and both Mishimoto and Jeep told me they can’t help me at all. I have done so much research and ordered a part that ended up being incorrect. It’s strange to me that they ask you to remove a factory hose but can’t tell you the part number. I just want to uninstall it because my engine light comes and goes and it’s always for that part. Also after 12k miles there is almost no oil in it at all.. thank you in advance.

Dalvarado55

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport 2.0, MC 3.5" lift, Rubi Axles
What’s the best way to check the contents of the catch can??? I have a MC 3.5 lift and can’t reach it from underneath. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored