Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I’m going to head to Moab from Houston in about 2 weeks. I’ll be going from 0 - 8000 and down to 5500. I will keep my elevation monitored and provide feedback if any CEL’s come up.
Definitely curious to see how that goes!

Thanks,
-Steve
Sponsored

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
my can should be here friday as long as the ups driver isnt hung over that day :handsinair:

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Awesome, thank you! Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

Thanks again,
-Steve
im sure its awesome as hell - i will try to get photos in between the cursing and screaming lol hahaha, thats if i remember
and will see how it goes after a few miles on it !!!

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
im sure its awesome as hell - i will try to get photos in between the cursing and screaming lol hahaha, thats if i remember
and will see how it goes after a few miles on it !!!
Haha, the install shouldn't be too bad. I would recommend unscrewing the can bottom before install, just because it can be pretty tight the first time it's removed.

Thanks again!
-Steve

Sponsored

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Haha, the install shouldn't be too bad. I would recommend unscrewing the can bottom before install, just because it can be pretty tight the first time it's removed.

Thanks again!
-Steve
yeah i read that somewhere in here to do that b4 the install - thanks for the heads up !! - i just curse alot lol so there will be cursing no matter what, i cant control it , so yeah its funny as @#$ but it happens :CWL:

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer

Thanks again!
-Steve
well your correct lol that thing is on suuuuuuuuuuper tight , like the hulk put it together !!!
this went on super smooth - easy to install - looks great - built very nice - thought out and just awesome !!
took some silly photos - not much cursing lol
i was happy ,that penguin is awesome , was maken me smile to much to curse lololol - i want to buy like 100 of them those have to be THE BEST air fresheners i have ever smelled , i want more lol serious i want 100 of those things .. great kit - awesome job with it !!!! hope the photos are ok lol crappy phone pix ... the only thing you should provide is a paper instruction sheet , although every1 always goes online for a video , im old and like paper lol , again great job with this,

IMG_1526.JPG

IMG_1527.JPG

IMG_1528.JPG

IMG_1529.JPG

IMG_1530.JPG

IMG_1531.JPG

IMG_1532.JPG

IMG_1534.JPG

IMG_1535.JPG

IMG_1537.JPG

IMG_1538.JPG

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
ps
i didnt have to remove the whole snorkle to install this - all i did was remove the cover , and started removing the hoses, theres enough room without taking everything all apart like your video shows to add the bracket and can in place . one thing you should change if you ever do upgrades, is to add some sort of grip to the bottom or incorperate a socket connection on the outside of that drain plug , this way u can get a wrench on it from underneath ..
i can reach easily but im so darn weak i cant turn the can by hand force only because there isnt really any good grip to it
l i will get photos of how it looks from underneath ... i did however print a mini strap wrench in hopes this will work to get to it easily !!

image0.jpeg

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
well your correct lol that thing is on suuuuuuuuuuper tight , like the hulk put it together !!!
this went on super smooth - easy to install - looks great - built very nice - thought out and just awesome !!
took some silly photos - not much cursing lol
i was happy ,that penguin is awesome , was maken me smile to much to curse lololol - i want to buy like 100 of them those have to be THE BEST air fresheners i have ever smelled , i want more lol serious i want 100 of those things .. great kit - awesome job with it !!!! hope the photos are ok lol crappy phone pix ... the only thing you should provide is a paper instruction sheet , although every1 always goes online for a video , im old and like paper lol , again great job with this,
ps
i didnt have to remove the whole snorkle to install this - all i did was remove the cover , and started removing the hoses, theres enough room without taking everything all apart like your video shows to add the bracket and can in place . one thing you should change if you ever do upgrades, is to add some sort of grip to the bottom or incorperate a socket connection on the outside of that drain plug , this way u can get a wrench on it from underneath ..
i can reach easily but im so darn weak i cant turn the can by hand force only because there isnt really any good grip to it
l i will get photos of how it looks from underneath ... i did however print a mini strap wrench in hopes this will work to get to it easily !!
Thank you for the great feedback! Seems those air fresheners are a love it or hate it thing, my wife can't stand them :LOL: and good to know about not having to remove the intake to fit everything in. We figured removing the intake tube is pretty simple and it's probably better to have customers remove it rather than risk not being able to reach around it or even worse, leaning on it and breaking it.

Oh, and here's the link for our air fresheners: https://www.mishimoto.com/promo-air-freshener.html :) a portion of the proceeds on those get donated through our Chilly Cares program, so your vehicle gets to smell great and you give to a good cause :handsinair:

We have been working on adding paper instructions to some of our kits – it's surprisingly involved with all of the legalese and warnings you have to include, plus the actual printing of all of them. It is something we plan on doing in the future for something like this though.

We've also been working on different ways to lubricate the o-ring on the catch can to make removal a little easier, but we might just have to start including a strap wrench like that in our catch can kits. That's pretty awesome and a really clever use of 3D printing! Nice job!

Thanks again,
-Steve

4x4Tyrant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL
So decided to check the catch can yesterday after putting 8000 miles on the jeep since installation. Since I was one that had to remove the filter due to living above 4000 ft I wanted to see if it still was working. The can was empty not a single drop of oil or anything. Due to the check engine light coming on when playing above 8000ft and seeing nothing in the can, I decided to remove the can for the time being, hopefully a fix will come for us living high. :(

Sponsored

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Thank you for the great feedback! Seems those air fresheners are a love it or hate it thing, my wife can't stand them :LOL: and good to know about not having to remove the intake to fit everything in. We figured removing the intake tube is pretty simple and it's probably better to have customers remove it rather than risk not being able to reach around it or even worse, leaning on it and breaking it.

Oh, and here's the link for our air fresheners: https://www.mishimoto.com/promo-air-freshener.html :) a portion of the proceeds on those get donated through our Chilly Cares program, so your vehicle gets to smell great and you give to a good cause :handsinair:

We have been working on adding paper instructions to some of our kits – it's surprisingly involved with all of the legalese and warnings you have to include, plus the actual printing of all of them. It is something we plan on doing in the future for something like this though.

We've also been working on different ways to lubricate the o-ring on the catch can to make removal a little easier, but we might just have to start including a strap wrench like that in our catch can kits. That's pretty awesome and a really clever use of 3D printing! Nice job!

Thanks again,
-Steve
thanks for the info and the link to the smelly penguins lol ordered more just now ! and nice that u give back , very honorable
and your wife is nuts, those penguins are awesome hahaha
do u sell replacement parts or would one have to purchase the entire kit again ? just curious i may want another can -- just the can - to tinker with

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
So decided to check the catch can yesterday after putting 8000 miles on the jeep since installation. Since I was one that had to remove the filter due to living above 4000 ft I wanted to see if it still was working. The can was empty not a single drop of oil or anything. Due to the check engine light coming on when playing above 8000ft and seeing nothing in the can, I decided to remove the can for the time being, hopefully a fix will come for us living high. :(
We are still working on it, but attempts so far have only gotten us CEL free to about 6,000 ft. and the code was still pending at 5,000 ft. :( There is still the option of returning the can or the credit toward the intake or intercooler pipe that we talked about via PM. But I am concerned that you're not seeing anything in the can. Did you notice any oil on the inlet or outlet line from the catch can?

thanks for the info and the link to the smelly penguins lol ordered more just now ! and nice that u give back , very honorable
and your wife is nuts, those penguins are awesome hahaha
do u sell replacement parts or would one have to purchase the entire kit again ? just curious i may want another can -- just the can - to tinker with
Haha, no comment on the wife part... Unfortunately we don't sell just the can by itself except in cases where somebody has somehow damaged it and needs to replace it, but we do sell a universal kit that's just the catch can and a universal bracket: https://www.mishimoto.com/compact-baffled-oil-catch-can-2-port-bc.html

Thanks,
-Steve

4x4Tyrant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL
We are still working on it, but attempts so far have only gotten us CEL free to about 6,000 ft. and the code was still pending at 5,000 ft. :( There is still the option of returning the can or the credit toward the intake or intercooler pipe that we talked about via PM. But I am concerned that you're not seeing anything in the can. Did you notice any oil on the inlet or outlet line from the catch can?

Thanks,
-Steve
I definitely smell oil and yeah there is a very very small amount on the inlet and outlet lines, I'd say just a sheen of oil nothing more. But the can was completely dry, took a shop rag and wiped the inside and it came back completely clean.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I definitely smell oil and yeah there is a very very small amount on the inlet and outlet lines, I'd say just a sheen of oil nothing more. But the can was completely dry, took a shop rag and wiped the inside and it came back completely clean.
Hm, I wonder if the blow-by is just going in and back out without the diverter plate there (the plate with two tabs overhanging the inlet and outlet). It doesn't sound like your engine is pushing a lot of blow-by through the CCV, which is good, but I would think there should still be a coating on the can.

Responding to your PM now too.

Thanks,
-Steve

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer