Sponsored

Mirrors For Doors Off Question

RideGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saraha JLU
Double Take motor cycle mirrors. They came with the ram knuckle. I bought the ram ball from Amazon. Convex for a good view. Easy to get on and off. No issue with vibration or anything on the highway.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mirrors For Doors Off Question IMG_mirror
Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
@JasonInDLH

IF, you are going to be running with the doors off lots, DI invest in a CMM mirrors.... pricey but when the time comes you can resell for much of what you paid for them.. You will not find a better set of mirrors for the JL/JLU/JT.

If you are just going to poke around town, slow driving and just want to have mirrors mainly to appease law enforcement..... then but a $20+- set of scooter mirrors as the install easily and do the job of meeting laws and your seeing back there pretty good.

I have CMM, well worth it.

96044AFC-6F4E-4F44-A0EB-35427206CB61.jpeg

AlpacaLies

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I have no skills in fabā€™ing, or Iā€™d do it myself - but, why has no one taken Broncoā€™s lead and built permanent side mirrors that replace or attach to the a-pillar base cowl? We could route power there for heat, adjustment, etc. Doors come off in nice weather, doors go on when we need to. And who would like to not have to deal with mirrors sticking out when moving and storing doors?!?!?

When I saw the Broncoā€™s side mirrors, I was floored that over the decades in the whole Jeep modder community, no one had done that. Iā€™d pay Mopar prices to ditch the door mirrors forever (though Iā€™d like something cleaner than a black plastic insert on my door).

Is there something like this and Iā€™ve just not found it in my internet searches?

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Double Take motor cycle mirrors. They came with the ram knuckle. I bought the ram ball from Amazon. Convex for a good view. Easy to get on and off. No issue with vibration or anything on the highway.
Can you please share the link to the mirrors and ball?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
lange coyote.

I tried a bunch of cheap ones and returned them or trash them. then I said fuck ill spend the money for good ones, ordered motorcity. what a piece of crap. I returned them right after the first use. Terrible mirrors, worst than cheap hinge mounted.

Decided to give lange coyote a try. They are absolutely amazing. They dont move at all, super easy install, and the fact the block is permanent means mirrors are on in a matter of seconds. The mirrors are pretty big, super easy to adjust and they dont vibrate. The only downside is objects look way further than they are so keep that in mind. It doesnt bother me, i got used to it almost immediately and know how far the cars are.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mirrors For Doors Off Question IMG_20211004_123820393_HDR
Jeep Wrangler JL Mirrors For Doors Off Question IMG_20211004_123828079_HDR
Sponsored