Sponsored

Mickey Thompson Baja Pro XS

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
Anyone struggle getting beadlock rings to fully compress with these tires. I'm having issues with my atx chamber pro beadlocks.
Sponsored

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Anyone struggle getting beadlock rings to fully compress with these tires. I'm having issues with my atx chamber pro beadlocks.
Have you measured how thick the bead is on the MT's? Pretty much anything thicker than 3/4" will need beadlock ring spacers.

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
Have you measured how thick the bead is on the MT's? Pretty much anything thicker than 3/4" will need beadlock ring spacers.
I wonder if kmc spacers will work my atx chamber pros?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Sponsored

alkapin

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR, 2014 White GL350
After running these for several months, here is my take:

If you are planning on any lengthy highway travel, I suggest you reconsider these. They are extremely noisy! Especially above 90km/h speed, whatever this is in mph. They are cool looking yes, but almost unbearably noisy on highways. I wear noise canceling headphones when I go on highways. And I suspect they will not last long either. Considering going back to Nitto Trail grapplers and maybe will try MT Baja Boss M/T.

TEAMSLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURD
Ive put on a couple thousand miles, came from 37" Mickey Thompson AT, 40" Maxxis RAZR, then 38" Pats, and now the pro xs.

For my situation, these have been hard to balance. Gone back to discount twice now and still haven't gotten it right but bearable. Noise? Yes these are noisy, you should be able to tell that they would be very noisy, doesn't bother me though with the hardtop and liners. The weight on these are pretty heavy as well, I believe in 38's they are just a tad over 90lbs each.

Obviously does great off road and adds to the plushness of your suspension. Get ready to kick up some good sized rocks, not small little pebbles we all have kicked up, but handheld sized ones. I even kick a ton of rocks forward now as well.

I would suggest against its your daily driver as it flat spots after sitting. Takes me a few miles to work it all out before its running smooth. Are they a great tire so far, yes, for my situation. But you should know what you're getting into ahead of time, these are definitely not the tire for everyone.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mickey Thompson Baja Pro XS 20230603_115832

alkapin

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR, 2014 White GL350
Ive put on a couple thousand miles, came from 37" Mickey Thompson AT, 40" Maxxis RAZR, then 38" Pats, and now the pro xs.

For my situation, these have been hard to balance. Gone back to discount twice now and still haven't gotten it right but bearable. Noise? Yes these are noisy, you should be able to tell that they would be very noisy, doesn't bother me though with the hardtop and liners. The weight on these are pretty heavy as well, I believe in 38's they are just a tad over 90lbs each.

Obviously does great off road and adds to the plushness of your suspension. Get ready to kick up some good sized rocks, not small little pebbles we all have kicked up, but handheld sized ones. I even kick a ton of rocks forward now as well.

I would suggest against its your daily driver as it flat spots after sitting. Takes me a few miles to work it all out before its running smooth. Are they a great tire so far, yes, for my situation. But you should know what you're getting into ahead of time, these are definitely not the tire for everyone.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mickey Thompson Baja Pro XS 20230603_115832
I have noticed rough ride until they warm up as well. Flat spots, eh? Interesting. Have to check. What psi for hwy driving have you settle on? I have tried 30-33 and 25ish, can't really tell the difference, but I have noticed these are not flat side to side and I see middle point wearing out faster then sides.... I guess running them at lower psi should help to even out the wear.

TEAMSLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURD
What psi for hwy driving have you settle on?
Have tried a few, 32, 36-37, 40-42, and now back to 34-35 hot for going to and from the trails. Reason for going 40-42 was thinking it would be smoother when first getting on the road. But I think with the lower air pressure causing more friction, probably warms up quicker. I have also noticed the same with the edge of tread not getting too much contact while on the road. But nothing like the Patagonias absolute middle tread wear.
Sponsored