Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Nobody is netting 2"with the Mopar kit.
I find that hard to believe... Why ? cause you heard it on the internet? There are many factors of weight and components between each trim. Do people blurt out all The specs on their rig before telling you what they netted? Most of these people are newbs and never even installed a lift and measure in the wrong spot on the jeep to get these numbers. The correct spot is the comparison of the hight from spring perch to the top of the coil cup. Not your uneven driveway to your rock rail...
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I find that hard to believe... Why ? cause you heard it on the internet? There are many factors of weight and components between each trim. Do people blurt out all The specs on their rig before telling you what they netted? Most of these people are newbs and never even installed a lift and measure in the wrong spot on the jeep to get these numbers. The correct spot is the comparison of the hight from spring perch to the top of the coil cup. Not your uneven driveway to your rock rail...
Lol, so literally everyone, even professional installers are measuring wrong. Got it.

Sponsored

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I always suggest the Gamechanger and even have a true dual sitting on the shelf. I have a feeling it’s going to be there a while. I’d much rather have adj control arms over drop brackets any day! I think you’ll be very happy with either option from MC, absolutely a great company with terrific jeepers

Any questions, let me know and I’ll do my best to answer them

Brett
By the end of all of it I will have the GC lift on my Jeep lol. Started with the True Dual but am now buying all the other control arms. Oh well.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Lol, so literally everyone, even professional installers are measuring wrong. Got it.
How many lift kits have you installed? How many people told you the exact part number lift kit they bought and the exact options and trim level their jeep was? The mopar kit has one of the lightest spring rates on the market and a mere 60 lbs at each corner can give a extra .5 to full inch.

OP
OP
Nick80

Nick80

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon & 2010 Jeep Commander
hey. Who made your signs? I’m getting my JLUR next month (hopefully lol) on order and my realtor magnet signs from the JKU aren’t gonna work.

0994F2B9-1245-4156-95A8-64323CD28E71.jpeg

They are the reusable stickers like a fathead. Just google aluminum f150 car magnets and you can find ones that will work.

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
The outboard shock brackets can be trying, each Jeep is different but there’s way to get them to fit.
I’ve spent about 4 hours trying to get those f&*%king brackets lined up, but the brake line bracket hole is always 1/4” off. Should I just drill a new hole, or is there a trick to getting them lined up properly?

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I’ve spent about 4 hours trying to get those f&*%king brackets lined up, but the brake line bracket hole is always 1/4” off. Should I just drill a new hole, or is there a trick to getting them lined up properly?
Use a step bit to make the hole bigger, I push down a little to open the hole on the bottom side so it’s slightky oblong. Use a punch or screw driver to help line them up. Get the bolt started in the hole where it feels like it wants to grab (even if it’s at a crazy angle) start fighting it up and it’ll pull the bracket straight. It’s hard to describe and sometimes they are just a pain. This is a Jeep issue more times than not because the outboard shock brackets are the same. There are some very very minor differences in between jeeps that cause this part to be tricky sometimes

Just did some Sunday that we’re an absolute breeze, others, not so much

Brett

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
Use a step bit to make the hole bigger, I push down a little to open the hole on the bottom side so it’s slightky oblong. Use a punch or screw driver to help line them up. Get the bolt started in the hole where it feels like it wants to grab (even if it’s at a crazy angle) start fighting it up and it’ll pull the bracket straight. It’s hard to describe and sometimes they are just a pain. This is a Jeep issue more times than not because the outboard shock brackets are the same. There are some very very minor differences in between jeeps that cause this part to be tricky sometimes

Just did some Sunday that we’re an absolute breeze, others, not so much

Brett
Thanks- finally got them in after opening up the hole on the coil perch and prying/hammering the bejeezus out of them.
Sponsored