First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
No doubt, Mike. 👍

I remember visiting an Air Force buddy who lived in Queens. We'd shuttle between Ozone Park and various parts of L.I. during my visits, and I remember thinking this was no place to own a motorcycle if I wanted to stay alive.

More to the point, having four proper seasons in PA still forces me to have a regular vehicle for winter use, and the Wrangler is fun enough to dilute the "regular" right out of things.
Suffolk County, which is pretty much the eastern 2/3 of long Island, offers the best roads for a semi relaxed therapy ride. Mostly due to less people per square mile and less stop sign/stop light hell, but less roads to choose from because most of the acreage is farmland.

I ended up gifting my last bike to my younger brother, because I found myself spending less time hitting the same old roads, and more time hanging around the local villages watching the endless parade of scantily clad girls bar hopping back and forth.
Sponsored

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
Yup, especially when we have weeks with this kind of weather, and forecasts for many more weeks of the same.

Screenshot 2021-07-19 182842.jpg

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I've been battling major depression for years. My wife left four years ago, and I just haven't been able to get in the game. I'm lonely. My future seems lonely, bleak, and largely pointless, and it just seems to be getting worse.

About the only time I manage to shove these thoughts out of my head and just enjoy life is when I'm out in the woods in my Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mental Health Machine 1626763931179

JeepLeap

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I visit my father at his shop on seacliff ave about once a month. We always turn off of 107 at Glen Head RD to Glen Cove Ave, where there's a 711, to grab a tray of coffees. I always come back out to find someone standing around my Jeep. On a few occasions, I've gotten caught up in conversation just long enough to have to go back in to replace cold coffees. Lol
No way! That’s my town! Know the area well.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
No way! That’s my town! Know the area well.
I was born and raised in Glen Cove until I was 15yo. Continued to commute back there, working with my father and brother, until about 35yo. My father has a truck and heavy equipment repair shop. That whole area is exactly like Mayberry, only thing missing is Andy Griffith. 😆 We probably know a lot of the same people and companies, depending on how long you've been there and what you do for a living. I won't go into names and details out in the open here. But thought it was a worth raising my hand and saying hi after seeing your location.

Sponsored

mountaintop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
After a really tough week, and a disastrous Saturday, I got out for a bit in the Wrangler this afternoon, just putt-putting around town with the windows down and a good breeze. Running errands to the grocery store, swung by the local Jeep dealership (lot mostly empty) and grabbed a Coke on the way home.

This Jeep is such a great mental health machine. Just calms the nerves and makes everything seem better. Haven't had a vehicle effect me like that since I was a teenager with my first car back in the 1970's.

Anyone else's day just brightened by getting out in their Wrangler?

Best,
-Tim
I feel exactly the same way. Had a few things this past weekend that needed to be done that were tough/difficult emotionally. But man, the fact that I was able to drive my Jeep home afterward with the windows down and the music blasting was the best. The Jeep makes me smile every time I think about driving it, and every time I see it :)

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
I've been battling major depression for years. My wife left four years ago, and I just haven't been able to get in the game. I'm lonely. My future seems lonely, bleak, and largely pointless, and it just seems to be getting worse.

About the only time I manage to shove these thoughts out of my head and just enjoy life is when I'm out in the woods in my Jeep.

Then by all means, get out in the woods and keep driving!!! Life gets better with time. Just look at it as a new beginning and not an end.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Absolutely agree with this. As a Nurse I appreciate the sight of my Jeep waiting for me in the parking garage after a 12hr shift
After a recent two week hospital stay, I can really appreciate this comment. Nurses are incredibly hard working and simply amazing. I had a couple I’ll never forget.

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
I have been waiting over 5 months for my new 2021 jeep Rubi to arrive.
In the meantime my 2012 Rubi has had brakes and rotors, water pump as well as battery.
Anything else goes wrong with this jeep that I am trading in will push me off the edge.
I miss having my soft top on.
Without my jeeps I would probably be a basket case.
I go for a ride and I feel all refreshed!

Sponsored

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
Yup, especially when we have weeks with this kind of weather, and forecasts for many more weeks of the same.

That's PERFECT weather to me! We live in Southwest Florida and enjoy the mornings and evenings, but the humidity is brutal until the middle of Oct to the first of Nov, then it is PERFECT weather here for 6-7 months.

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
That's PERFECT weather to me! We live in Southwest Florida and enjoy the mornings and evenings, but the humidity is brutal until the middle of Oct to the first of Nov, then it is PERFECT weather here for 6-7 months.
Yeah, I grew up in the Houston area. I know all about heat + humidity. We're very fortunate in this part of the country to not have much of either. Or mosquitos. Or roaches. Or snakes. Or...

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
I remember after a brutal day at work and even the not so brutal days
of getting in my TJ and just throwing the soft top back, driving 15 minutes to our home and feeling like the weight of the world was off my shoulders. Yes, great thread, thanks.
Sponsored