Sponsored

Mental Health Machine

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
After a really tough week, and a disastrous Saturday, I got out for a bit in the Wrangler this afternoon, just putt-putting around town with the windows down and a good breeze. Running errands to the grocery store, swung by the local Jeep dealership (lot mostly empty) and grabbed a Coke on the way home.

This Jeep is such a great mental health machine. Just calms the nerves and makes everything seem better. Haven't had a vehicle effect me like that since I was a teenager with my first car back in the 1970's.

Anyone else's day just brightened by getting out in their Wrangler?

Best,
-Tim
Sponsored

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
After a really tough week, and a disastrous Saturday, I got out for a bit in the Wrangler this afternoon, just putt-putting around town with the windows down and a good breeze. Running errands to the grocery store, swung by the local Jeep dealership (lot mostly empty) and grabbed a Coke on the way home.

This Jeep is such a great mental health machine. Just calms the nerves and makes everything seem better. Haven't had a vehicle effect me like that since I was a teenager with my first car back in the 1970's.

Best,
-Tim
Yes, I look for excuses to go drive it even if it is down the street to the store for something I dont need. My wife quit asking me what vehicle to take when running errands.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Yes. Every time I get in my Jeep!!!!! No matter what the weather. And if it’s a blue sky, sunny day, with a gentle breeze....... multiply it by double digits!!!!!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Yes, although in that regard, the Wrangler will always be in Second Place when compared to my motorcycles. That's not a demerit against the Jeep. I like it for what it can do just as much as I enjoy the bikes for the mission that they serve.

Sponsored

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
Yep.... And the feeling is enhanced by the fact that I have other vehicles for other, unenjoyable tasks-- the truck for work, and the Corolla for errands, crappy weather, and driving in the salt. Jeep time is fun time. Some folks have boats or motorcycles, I have a Jeep. Life is good.

JeepLeap

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I am hoping my new Jeep (coming soon I hope) is a replacement for my weekly therapy sessions.

But speaking of mental health, waiting for a Jeep on order has been AWFUL for my mental health. I have extreme jealousy seeing other topless keeps out there right now and sometimes I follow them or just park near them to creep on them.

OP
OP
Timmyjoe

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Yes, although in that regard, the Wrangler will always be in Second Place when compared to my motorcycles. That's not a demerit against the Jeep. I like it for what it can do just as much as I enjoy the bikes for the mission that they serve.
I'm in my mid-60's now and the motorcycle had always reigned supreme. But the Jeep has given it a run for its money in the last couple of years. Especially for longer distances or if the weather is sketchy.

Best,
-Tim

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I am hoping my new Jeep (coming soon I hope) is a replacement for my weekly therapy sessions.

But speaking of mental health, waiting for a Jeep on order has been AWFUL for my mental health. I have extreme jealousy seeing other topless keeps out there right now and sometimes I follow them or just park near them to creep on them.
I visit my father at his shop on seacliff ave about once a month. We always turn off of 107 at Glen Head RD to Glen Cove Ave, where there's a 711, to grab a tray of coffees. I always come back out to find someone standing around my Jeep. On a few occasions, I've gotten caught up in conversation just long enough to have to go back in to replace cold coffees. Lol

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I fully agree with most of the responses so far, about not having as much fun behind the wheel of a vehicle since back when I was a kid tasting my 1st wheeled freedom.

Bikes are also great, but fun roads are limited on long Island, and I've always leaned towards the type of bikes that aren't meant for the long haul comfort enough to explore neighboring states or even further upstate. If I didn't live on an island, I'd pursue another bike.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Well, this use to be what I did, in my youth. Now, in my mid-50's, I just sneak up on the wife, smack her butt, and hope for the best. Thats my therapy. 😇

MatthewAMEL

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '23 CT5 Blackwing, '18 Accord Touring

Best,
-Tim
I love this description of the Wrangler.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Bikes are also great, but fun roads are limited on long Island, and I've always leaned towards the type of bikes that aren't meant for the long haul comfort enough to explore neighboring states or even further upstate. If I didn't live on an island, I'd pursue another bike.
No doubt, Mike. 👍

I remember visiting an Air Force buddy who lived in Queens. We'd shuttle between Ozone Park and various parts of L.I. during my visits, and I remember thinking this was no place to own a motorcycle if I wanted to stay alive.

More to the point, having four proper seasons in PA still forces me to have a regular vehicle for winter use, and the Wrangler is fun enough to dilute the "regular" right out of things.

shelglass

First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler
After 4 months of owning my Jeep, I sold my motorcycle. That may not sound like much, however I have been a motorcyclist for over 40 years, traveling this country, on and off road. Not to say I will never be on two wheels again, but with the top off the Jeep is just great.
Sponsored