Sponsored

slim_pickens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Any updates from people who have had their Pak Rax installed for a while? Any issues or only good things to say?

Unless I’ve missed them, the product page for this on the Trail Rax website doesn’t seem to have any reviews available and the other reviews of these on the interwebs are a bit limited so just wondering if people have had any issues with things like scratching, hardtop damage, or anything else that we should know. Thanks.
Sponsored

tehkayd

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting-Gray
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates from people who have had their Pak Rax installed for a while? Any issues or only good things to say?
Year plus in for me and still no complaints. No rust, small wear on the contact points but I’m offroad quite a bit and it’s bound to happen. With a paint cutter and buffer you could clean that up very easy.

I did add a small weather strip on the top mounts where they connect to the gutter but feel it isn’t really necessary. Running with a FuelPax on one side and traction boards on the other.

This was my first “mod” and I would do it again. Very solid product and great group of folks. What are you waiting for!?!

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Unfortunately no. We are in the making of our own mount but it will still overhand the hardtop for 4 doors by a good 8-12 inches. Here is the image of the MaxTrax accessory plate that we are working on.
image003.png

3. At this time, we are hoping to have that bracket produced and ready for purchase by end of March.
Hi is this available now? Don't see it on website

tcon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Can anyone help answer my question: is it legal to drive with the MaxTrax mounted with Rotopax's gas container's over the "rear windows" on roads and highways across America? I would hate to be pulled over by a local PD officer and citited for obstruction. I currently have them installed for three years now. At present no issues. An attorney friend just commented that some states might cite me.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
probably depends on the state, but i can't see how this could be a problem the way you describe.

the "rear window" is the one on the back of the car. that's not what's being blocked here.

the "side window" is defined where i know the law as being the window next to the driver, and the one directly opposite it across the car from it. those can not be blocked (or even aftermarket tinted in some states, including Calif). AFAIK, all windows behind that could be completely painted over. note that some set-ups actually completely replace those rearmost side windows.

what *could* possibly be an issue is the fact that they (very slightly) obstruct the view from your side rear-view mirrors... but someone would have to be digging pretty hard on that point for it to be an issue.

i challenge your attorney friend to define what code that citation "might" be against. sounds like (s)he's talking about of his/her, <ahem!> *attorney-hole*.

Can anyone help answer my question: is it legal to drive with the MaxTrax mounted with Rotopax's gas container's over the "rear windows" on roads and highways across America? I would hate to be pulled over by a local PD officer and citited for obstruction. I currently have them installed for three years now. At present no issues. An attorney friend just commented that some states might cite me.

Sponsored

GreyKnight

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL, 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser 70
Good afternoon!
I liked your fuel can attachment system and am considering buying it.
Can you please tell me if it is safe for a hardtop to use this fuel mounting system (if you hang a 4 gallon canister on both sides of the car) in conjunction with a Thule roof box (I planned to store light but bulky things like sleeping bags and a tent there). Won't the hardtop break down off-road?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Good afternoon!
I liked your fuel can attachment system and am considering buying it.
Can you please tell me if it is safe for a hardtop to use this fuel mounting system (if you hang a 4 gallon canister on both sides of the car) in conjunction with a Thule roof box (I planned to store light but bulky things like sleeping bags and a tent there). Won't the hardtop break down off-road?
The Pak Rax will not have any issues carrying that weight. We test them with the loads we rated them at so that they are proven products.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Jeep Wrangler JL Meet The TrailRax Pak Rax System IMG_5548.JPG

These racks have come in handy multiple times for me.

chrisc33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Taco
Website says 16gallons extra storage capacity? How is this achieved? Are we able to stack 2 of the long 4 gallon rotopax on each side?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Website says 16gallons extra storage capacity? How is this achieved? Are we able to stack 2 of the long 4 gallon rotopax on each side?
You are exactly right! you will want to put in your cart this list to achieve that storage capacity.

1x JL Pak Rax Pair
4x 4 gallon gas cans
4x DLX mounts (if you want LOX you can split it to 2 of each)
4x Extension mounts from Rotopax. This should allow you to run up to 16 gallons of extra storage fuel.

Sponsored

fastfatdude

First Name
Chung Yeh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR
Hi,
thinking of getting the RaxPak for my JLUR and mounting a WaterPort Day tank to it.
Do yo have pics of the WaterPort mount installed on the RaxPak?
Would like to know if the holes actually line up before i place my order.

Jeep Wrangler JL Meet The TrailRax Pak Rax System Waterport Universal Plat

Thank you.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Hi,
thinking of getting the RaxPak for my JLUR and mounting a WaterPort Day tank to it.
Do yo have pics of the WaterPort mount installed on the RaxPak?
Would like to know if the holes actually line up before i place my order.

Jeep Wrangler JL Meet The TrailRax Pak Rax System Waterport Universal Plat

Thank you.
The WaterPort Mount will fit on our PakRax. You may have to drill in order to mount . At the moment, we do not have any pictures of the WaterPort mounted to our PakRax. When mounting the WaterPort mount make sure put the bolts in a triangle fashion. The bolt lay out should look like an upside-down triangle, two bolts at the top and one at the bottom.

fastfatdude

First Name
Chung Yeh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR
The WaterPort Mount will fit on our PakRax. You may have to drill in order to mount . At the moment, we do not have any pictures of the WaterPort mounted to our PakRax. When mounting the WaterPort mount make sure put the bolts in a triangle fashion. The bolt lay out should look like an upside-down triangle, two bolts at the top and one at the bottom.
alright. Anyways ordered a set from you guys. Awaiting delivery.
Thanks.