Sponsored

iboostgti335

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
I take my TrailRax mount with the 4gal Rotopax attached on all my runs, including trails with branches smacking it left and right. It sits really close to the window which prevents anything from getting jammed in between. Despite taking a beating, the mount doesn’t budge at all and has held up perfectly

99B3D0DA-9D99-4E10-866D-264FB8FE3600.jpeg
Sweet rig. What side steps/rock rails are those?
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I have used them for water and diesel on my 2020 Rubicon diesel for 2 years. There is no better way to carry extra diesel and water on Jeep Wrangler. I did do my research before I bought them. The only thing I found is that during wheeling in dusty mountains of Colorado dust got under rubber bumpers that are in contact with jeep hardtop. Vibration of the dusty rubber bumper made a 1" round dull imprint on the paint. Now I place piece teflon adhesive tape over the spot where bumper touches the paint. It is no big deal but If I can avoid it i do.
i just leave mine on the jeep (I take the Rotopax off)….. that way, I never see any dullness! Lol

tehkayd

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting-Gray
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Were you able to get the fuelpax mounts to attach? I had to get another set of rotopax to get it to mount to these.
I ordered the fuelpax and it did require me to get different Rotopax mounts. The ones that came with the fuelpax have a base that just did not fit the Trailrax rails without drilling into them.
Jeep Wrangler JL Meet The TrailRax Pak Rax System IMG_3206

Sponsored

dirtygertie_jlu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Were you able to get the fuelpax mounts to attach? I had to get another set of rotopax to get it to mount to these.
No, I also needed to get the Rotopax mounts for it to work. It needs to be the one with the base that detaches. Should be the DLX or LOX!

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Can (2) 2.5 gals be mounted vertically next to each other?

I could swear I've seen it done but now can't seem to find a single example?

rjive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
I ordered the fuelpax and it did require me to get different Rotopax mounts. The ones that came with the fuelpax have a base that just did not fit the Trailrax rails without drilling into them.
Jeep Wrangler JL Meet The TrailRax Pak Rax System IMG_3206
I'd love to see how you've mounted the recovery boards on the passenger side of your JLU. I'm trying to sort out mounting mien to the Trailrax. Thank you in advance to anyone with feedback on best methods for this.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Can (2) 2.5 gals be mounted vertically next to each other?

I could swear I've seen it done but now can't seem to find a single example?
We have had one customer put 2x 2 gallon rotopax vertical next to each other. If we find the picture we will be sure to PM it or drop it in this thread.

Reactions: D60
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Anyone in need of some Rotopax?
We now have a limited stock of rotopax we got in recently! Get them now while they are hot. As a previous customer, your package should have included a nice surprise that can help you with the purchase of the Rotopax for your Pak Rax! See you on the trail!

Use this link to head to our website and look at the Rotopax we have in stock.​

Sponsored

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
@TrailRax I'm about to buy a pair of the Pax Rax and want to get some RotoPax for gas storage. Can you tell me what RotoPax mounts I'll need to get either the 4-gallon or 4.5-gallon containers to work with your Pax Rax?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
@TrailRax I'm about to buy a pair of the Pax Rax and want to get some RotoPax for gas storage. Can you tell me what RotoPax mounts I'll need to get either the 4-gallon or 4.5-gallon containers to work with your Pax Rax?
For the 4 gallon set up you will be required to use 2 mounts per side. If you want the ability to lock the cans, get 1 DLX and 1 LOX per side. If you want the more economical choice and best all-around use. Every 4 gallon can requires 2 mounts. Let us know if you have any more questions! We look forward to shipping your order out!

Last edited:

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
For the 4 gallon set up you will be required to use 2 mounts per side. If you want the ability to lock the cans, get 1 DLX and 1 LOX per side. If you want the more economical choice and best all-around use. Every 4 gallon can requires 2 mounts. Let us know if you have any more questions! Do not forget to use the JL forum discount code: JLforum! we look forward to shipping your order out!
Thanks, @TrailRax. My order has been placed!

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Save 10% OFF this weekend only on Pak Rax
Since we are unable to be at the Overland Expo East and/or the Off-road Expo, we are bringing the discounts to you! The sale lasts till Sunday night. Share with a friend who needs to stop borrowing your tools or gas because they do not have a Pak Rax!

Jeep Wrangler JL Meet The TrailRax Pak Rax System IMG_1329

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

I added the @TrailRax Pak Rax System on the JLU Hardtop to add some extra storage and fuel to the Jeep!
Sponsored