May incentives...?

Nole_Dynasty

First Name
Seminole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I was originally planning to custom order but the whole shutdown put a damper on those plans, still an option but I want my new Jeep for the summer. I've started virtually negotiating with a dew dealers in the Charlotte area and I'm happy with one or two of the prices I've received....averaging about 10-11% under MSRP (which is about 4-4.5% under invoice). Not quite as great as the 7-8% under invoice quotes I received for a custom order.

One of the dealers noted today that the financing offers and Employee Pricing will be going away in May but isn't sure what the new incentives will be...if any. Any insight here? I'm trying to get another % or two off and hoping the end of the month push will do that.
Sponsored

Techbrute

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Good question. In my case, I've started negotiating with dealers on a Rubicon, so the Employee Pricing doesn't apply, anyway.

I have a hard time thinking that their sales volume is doing well. If it is not, they're not likely to lessen any incentive to buy.

upstateJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee High Altitude
They have no idea how incentives will change, no dealers do. If they insist they do they are guessing and/or lying. Use this as leverage to your advantage. If they want the sale tell them to throw you the extra 2% off now or if they won't budge just say if pricing changes in May you will no longer be in the market. If all else fails that claim another dealer gave you an extra 1% and you're simply going with the best offer if they can beat it.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I’m in a similar situation, but can wait a few more months to save a few grand or take advantage of new incentives since none of the current really apply to me. I realize everything is unknown at this point, but I really can’t imagine that even Wranglers are immune to what’s going on right now. Also, I have to think that many people will be financially recovering from this for years. Additionally, most other major auto manufacturers seem to have enticing deals right now. I think it would serve them well to incentivize these sales ASAP. Or maybe that’s just me being optimistic. I can’t find exactly what I want on the lot at the moment anyway. And if I’m spending $50k I’m willing to wait for just that.

Sponsored

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
It’s a gamble to wait it out, but I’d rather throw my chips in on waiting and saving thousands rather than impulse buying now because I have to have it. These deals arnt even that great yet. If I can custom order exactly what I want in a few months and get 7-8% off invoice they better come at me with 10% off invoice on a Jeep that has been collecting dust and sunshine on a lot for 100 days. I dunno that’s my opinion, but I don’t see the hast in buying right now until I see what May brings.

RhinoBW

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I am also in the middle of negotiating and trying to buy a 2020 JLU Rubicon. So far I am at 4% under invoice with a couple dealerships, but having trouble getting to that 6% on built options. Sticking it out seems like the best bet right now.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I am also in the middle of negotiating and trying to buy a 2020 JLU Rubicon. So far I am at 4% under invoice with a couple dealerships, but having trouble getting to that 6% on built options. Sticking it out seems like the best bet right now.
Are those dealerships local to you, or do they happen to be the few documented in the recommended dealer thread on here that have been 6%+ below invoice?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Guessing the manufacturers are giving dealers financial support now to make sure they stay in business so unrealistic expectations probably won't come to fruition. The dealers are probably thinking if someone can buy a $50,000 vehicle during tough times then they have the money to pay our price.

RhinoBW

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Are those dealerships local to you, or do they happen to be the few documented in the recommended dealer thread on here that have been 6%+ below invoice?
I have been hitting up several dealerships in a 250 mile radius of me. I didn't have much luck with the recommended dealer thread, though there looks to be some good options out there ... they just aren't options that would be an easy days drive.

Sponsored

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Here's hoping.
There's a Jeep on the lot I really like, but can't justify paying for, a little more help would be great.
210+ days on the lot and not willing to deal any more than current incentives

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Here's hoping.
There's a Jeep on the lot I really like, but can't justify paying for, a little more help would be great.
210+ days on the lot and not willing to deal any more than current incentives
Crazy isn’t it?? They are perfectly happy with it sitting right there not making them any money lol

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Ford just posted a $2 billion loss in 3 months. What’s crazy is that for 2 of those months the economy was good.

The dealers will all say best deal you can get is today. But with people saying gdp will drop 30% or more this year, I’d wager better deals are tomorrow. You may need to wait for Jeep(who runs Jeep now anyway fiat?) to wake up to this.

I will say they have much better deals now than Ford. Haha.

Sohm Wan

First Name
Sohm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit 2011
yup. me too. i was initially going to go pick out the lot then i realized i would of paid almost the same if not lower for custom build. just that the dealer i am currently working with is not budging on the invoice and no discounts/promos they are not taking in effect. plus it is straight off the manual. so i will just have to try again with another dealer. felt it was like a waste of time. smdh

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Some dealers are stubborn and won't deal, look for another dealer.
I've watched listings in my area for several months and at the low end of pricing they are gradually disappearing. I think dealers are realizing that there aren't any more of these to be had until production resumes so supply and demand is now working in their favor and they can stick with their pricing. OTOH I would think that $60k JLUR would not be selling so well and they could afford to deal, plus a $60k vehicle usually has a lot more profit margin than a $38k vehicle.
Sponsored