First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
It’s not a 4ft bed and I’m sure you know that. Why choose to say things that aren’t true?
I had to look it up just now, I swore it was 4-something. I may have been remembering pre production speculation or measurements from one of the other tiny-bed-trucks out there like the avalanche or ridgeline. I started ignoring news/info about the Gladiator when I saw it was 4dr-only. Not my cup of tea.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I’m trading in the 2013 Accord sedan for a Gladiator. Sometimes I see the Gladiator and I’m like, “Man, that’s ugly.” But sometimes I see it and I think it’s pretty bad ace. Maybe it’s the Rubicon package that makes me turn my head. Anyway, am I making the right move? I’ll probably use the bed once a month and I don’t tow. My wife had a Durango so I figured it’d be cool to have the truck bed for when I need it. My two favorite vehicles were always the wrangler and pickup and they just had a baby so I figured I should go that route. Right move?
Glad you made the right choice bro! Welcome to the family!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
It's a long rig and a micro bed... I would have gone Gladiator if they had done a 2dr with a normal sized truck bed (I guess that is the J6 concept?). I've never understood four door trucks... Why would you want to haul your family around in a work vehicle? I mean, I guess with a 4ft bed, it's not a work vehicle.
It’s a 5ft bed and that’s standard bed size for all mid-sizes trucks with crew cabs.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
It’s a 5ft bed and that’s standard bed size for all mid-sizes trucks with crew cabs.
And it's still shocking to me that truck buyers find that acceptable. Not my thing, but, there's something out there for everyone... Except if you want a small truck with a long bed, apparently, since nobody makes those anymore... So, I suppose that makes me the weird one.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
If you’re going to use that bed And off road it hard the Gladiator is going to be a great choice. For me. I want the one touch top and would rarely need the bed.

Personally I’d consider a full size for the price of a Gladiator. The Ram rebel is right there with the Gladiator when fully loaded with the big v8. The limited trim is 2k more and dripping in luxury if you’re willing to stick to the 6cyl.

These are MSRP which you’ll get more off the Gladiator but I’d highly consider a full size with the off road group. You give up a little off road ability for massive gains in comfort and utility.
Have a Rebel, and thinking Gladiator

Can't take off the doors and top, only comes in Auto and aren't towing at all

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Just remember.. when you get waved at all day... it's because people keep thinking you're a Wrangler until they pass you..by then they are trying to take the wave back......

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
good choice, now enjoy it..

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I’m trading in the 2013 Accord sedan for a Gladiator. Sometimes I see the Gladiator and I’m like, “Man, that’s ugly.” But sometimes I see it and I think it’s pretty bad ace. Maybe it’s the Rubicon package that makes me turn my head. Anyway, am I making the right move? I’ll probably use the bed once a month and I don’t tow. My wife had a Durango so I figured it’d be cool to have the truck bed for when I need it. My two favorite vehicles were always the wrangler and pickup and they just had a baby so I figured I should go that route. Right move?
The fly in the ointment in questions like these is people interjecting their own preferences, which is fine, but may not be yours.

I think the Gladiator is awesome (I have a JLU Sahara) but it's a big leap from an Accord to Gladiator. Will you miss the smoother ride and the cheaper cost of ownership?

Do you like the rig enough that another vehicle like a smoother riding SUV just won't do it for you? Is what you're carrying monthly (what are you doing now to address this) something that a bit of string to keep the tailgate open but down on an SUV just doesn't work for you.

It's entirely possibly the Gladiator is worth the funds for you. Just consider alternatives both in automobiles and other purposes for the $.

Cheers.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I think the Gladiator looks great with slightly bigger wheels . I think that's a must. : )
Sponsored