Made my decision...

Jeep24Dmb

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
I’m trading in the 2013 Accord sedan for a Gladiator. Sometimes I see the Gladiator and I’m like, “Man, that’s ugly.” But sometimes I see it and I think it’s pretty bad ace. Maybe it’s the Rubicon package that makes me turn my head. Anyway, am I making the right move? I’ll probably use the bed once a month and I don’t tow. My wife had a Durango so I figured it’d be cool to have the truck bed for when I need it. My two favorite vehicles were always the wrangler and pickup and they just had a baby so I figured I should go that route. Right move?
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Sure! If you’re actually going to put the bed to use, I don’t see why not. Personally I don’t need a bed so I have a wrangler. Have you test driven one? I would rent one or a Wrangler Unlimited to get an idea of what they’re like for more than a few minutes on a test drive.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Of course it's a right move! Have you ever owned a Jeep or straight axle vehicle? If not then you'll quickly realize that they drive completely different than the Accord or the Durango. It's something that you'll quickly get used to. So don't throw in the towel like some people just because it's not what they are used to. But once you get it, you'll have to post pictures of it.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
If you’re going to use that bed And off road it hard the Gladiator is going to be a great choice. For me. I want the one touch top and would rarely need the bed.

Personally I’d consider a full size for the price of a Gladiator. The Ram rebel is right there with the Gladiator when fully loaded with the big v8. The limited trim is 2k more and dripping in luxury if you’re willing to stick to the 6cyl.

These are MSRP which you’ll get more off the Gladiator but I’d highly consider a full size with the off road group. You give up a little off road ability for massive gains in comfort and utility.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Have enough saved up to drive from the dealership non-stop to Discount Tire cause there is no doubt that they are ugly stock.

Get some 37’s on some 17’s or 18’s and you’ll love it I’m sure. Have fun buddy

from google:

7A5AED05-E4CD-46F8-B920-53B6C296B208.jpeg

JeepAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon Recon
I find they can be ugly stock but some larger tires and a lift and they really look a lot better in my opinion.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I find they can be ugly stock but some larger tires and a lift and they really look a lot better in my opinion.
I told a small fib to the mrs and said the same thing about the wrangler so I could get new tires and wheels lol

And it worked! Now she’s telling me I need to get it lifted too LOL

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
It's a long rig and a micro bed... I would have gone Gladiator if they had done a 2dr with a normal sized truck bed (I guess that is the J6 concept?). I've never understood four door trucks... Why would you want to haul your family around in a work vehicle? I mean, I guess with a 4ft bed, it's not a work vehicle.

Jeep’n Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I’m trading in the 2013 Accord sedan for a Gladiator. Sometimes I see the Gladiator and I’m like, “Man, that’s ugly.” But sometimes I see it and I think it’s pretty bad ace. Maybe it’s the Rubicon package that makes me turn my head. Anyway, am I making the right move? I’ll probably use the bed once a month and I don’t tow. My wife had a Durango so I figured it’d be cool to have the truck bed for when I need it. My two favorite vehicles were always the wrangler and pickup and they just had a baby so I figured I should go that route. Right move?
Man, the Gladiator is growing on me. I hated it at first, but now I am really digging them. After the JL is paid for I can see one of these in my future

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It's a long rig and a micro bed... I would have gone Gladiator if they had done a 2dr with a normal sized truck bed (I guess that is the J6 concept?). I've never understood four door trucks... Why would you want to haul your family around in a work vehicle? I mean, I guess with a 4ft bed, it's not a work vehicle.
It’s not a 4ft bed and I’m sure you know that. Why choose to say things that aren’t true?

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see a thing wrong with it if that's what you want. I look at a truck this way, it's there when you need it even if that's only once a year. I can't do without a truck of some kind. I just traded my F-150 for my Sahara. It wasn't 2 weeks until I needed a truck. So I went out and bought this as a project, and for something with an open bed. We even considered a Gladiator, but at the time I didn't like the looks. But, the more I see 'em the more I like 'em. Good luck on your decision.

48660464356_40045c51dd_c.jpg
100_4799 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/183968336@N07/