Lost backup camera guide lines

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I have a new Rubicon 4xe and my guide lines have been gone since the day after I picked it up.
Sponsored

Yann

First Name
Yann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
THX. It seems not come back by itself. I will try to reboot...
After reboot twice, it came back but disappeared again next morning..., any updated solution from FCA?

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle 80th Anniversary - Diesel
After reboot twice, it came back but disappeared again next morning..., any updated solution from FCA?
Ah snap. My guess is that first time you tried, you didn’t do the sequence quite right. You should your logo page (Jeep,Rubicon, etc) when radio is correctly rebooted. I’ve never heard of a case where a full te Well it’s random from what I can tell. Try rebooting again and if you get tired, just wait. They will surprise you when they finally do show up again. Then they will disappear again seemingly random.

Good luck, and make a game out of it.

Sponsored

Yann

First Name
Yann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Ah snap. My guess is that first time you tried, you didn’t do the sequence quite right. You should your logo page (Jeep,Rubicon, etc) when radio is correctly rebooted. I’ve never heard of a case where a full te Well it’s random from what I can tell. Try rebooting again and if you get tired, just wait. They will surprise you when they finally do show up again. Then they will disappear again seemingly random.

Both show logo page... I do have a music usb plugged, maybe I should unplug it and try again to see if it will stay... , let's see if there is a root cause of this issue.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL

Why would one keep on doing a reboot when it's obvious it isn't a permanent solution? The lines will eventually disappear again.

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle 80th Anniversary - Diesel
Why would one keep on doing a reboot when it's obvious it isn't a permanent solution? The lines will eventually disappear again.
Because they will work again right after a reboot. Makes backing up for a trailer super easy and backing into a parking spot simple. It is getting something to work, that should always work. That's your choice though. I'm not going to judge either way.

Tab

First Name
Tab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport s
Got my JL 5/10 3 days later lines were gone. Did the reset today and they are back, will see for how long. Also lost the camera 2 days ago, disconnected the battery and reconnected and at least it works

CPIXGO

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Maybe I found a fix?

Like most of you, the lines from my backup camera have been hit and miss since I bought the 2021 JLU three months ago. But something I noticed recently is, when my iPhone is connected to the center console USB port, the lines seem to work all of the time. I've been intentional about plugging in my phone every time I get in the Jeep for about two weeks now, and the lines have shown up every time so far. I'll repost if this stops being the case, but so far...

Sponsored

Yann

First Name
Yann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I call my dealer about this defect, he said I might need a radio flash..., will do it after long weekend

onpatrol99

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
UCONNECT / BACK-UP Camera / 3 years of LIP SERVICE. , FCA / Jeep continues to sell the system at a premium price in the Wrangler but is failing to Fix the UCONNECT Problems. Take a look at the Five Video's I am posting. I have these UCONNECT failures almost every day.

Good Evening, I own a 2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited and I have had multiple issues with the Back up Camera and the U-Connect system, I have been to the dealer multiple times for these problems without a resolution. I have contact "Jeep Wave" and FCA / Chrysler who has a team who only works on the UCONNECT system issues. Since the day I left the dealer lot with my Rubicon I have had problems with this system which cannot be corrected. Jeep / FCA is well aware of the problems associated with the UCONNECT System and still do not provide a resolution. I have been told "Next Quarter, we will have a fix for the system, just be patient." Three years later.... No FIX, The above videos are a regular occurrence. I have an open case, and these video's have been submitted. yet no resolution to these issues. Jeep / FCA keeps selling this UCONNECT on the Wranglers without disclosure.
Ironically I paid for the UPGRADED larger screen system. Watch the videos and you will see. I will also add my emailed concerns to this response.

=================================
EMAIL TO FCA

Date: Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 8:09 AM
Subject: Re: Drive Uconnect
[ ref:_00Dj01qsDF._5003Z1A2TdP:ref ]
To: Sarah <[email protected]>

Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Your case number is 77854307

I have attached FIVE (5) video links to this email.

There are multiple issues with the Uconnect.

1. GPS randomly shows me driving in the ocean or another state.
2. Screen freezes and does not allow you to change the radio station, XM, etc.
3. Screen freezes and reboots the entire system. Sometimes this happens multiple times, before you can actually use Uconnect.
4. Backup camera has black screen with words randomly.
5. Backup camera has black screen without words randomly.

I’ve been through multiple service advisors and service managers. Usually never the same person more than twice and most service advisors had little to no knowledge about the Uconnect or how to document the problems. I have been told to wait for the OVER THE AIR updates, but when is the last time UCONNECT did an over the air update on my Uconnect? Also I have been told to go on the web and download any updates only to go through the process of the download, follow the instructions, and the Uconnect tells me I already have the most up to date version. The latest information from John at the service department was last Friday, 12-04-20 who asked "Didn't we replace the radio?" I advised "NO", but John the service advisor did not read the service history and just recently returned to the rotation of service advisors who have helped me. The Service Manager came up to me last week and showed me a TSB from FCA which says, wait until 2021 for a new version of Uconnect.

NEXT EMAIL -
Mar 29, 2021, 3:38 PM

Good afternoon,

As of yesterday it looks like the Uconnect system has an entirely new problem.

Along with rebooting, screen locking, map shows me in the ocean, RADIO XM ETC on all formats have sound cutting out ever 2-3 seconds, the system calling arbitrary people using my phone service, loss of preset and saved favorite Contact's and many more issues.

Apple Car Play no longer works. Uconnect displays an error message on the Uconnect screen “device is not supported.” I have attached a picture of this message.

When can we expect some type of resolution to these problems with the Uconnect system?

Just about the entire system in my vehicle does not work. I paid a lot of money for the system and I expect a product that will work.

If you are not going to fix the problem in a timely manner then let’s start talking about replacement with a product that will work.

I have owned jeep for over two years now and I have not been able to use the product that I purchased.

I’m asking again that you get your supervisor involved or maybe even his supervisor involved.

I am tired of the empty promises of we are fixing it just wait until first quarter of 2021 is over.

First quarter is over in two days. Where is the resolution and the working product that I purchased?

Again maybe it is time to get the supervisors involved.

Tim
===============================

RESPONCE FROM FCA CASE MANAGER

Sarah Responded (FCA / CHRYSLER)
Case Manager.
[email protected]
[email protected]
Thu, Apr 1, 3:55 PM

Hi, Tim,

The first step of the three step update launched in Q1 of 2021. There is no timeline for one step two or step 3 will be released.

If you are experiencing vehicle concerns, please contact your dealership to have a diagnosis completed.

--

Sarah

Uconnect Case Management

1-800-826-6632 EXT. 3025449

================================

FINAL RESPONCE FROM FCA CASE MANAGER.
[email protected]
Apr 16, 2021, 5:45 PM

Hi, Tim,

Our processes have changed when it comes to updates for customers who are waiting for software updates.

We have created a queue for customer who waiting for step 2 and step 3. You will be notified via email when each step is released.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work to resolve your concerns.

--

Sarah

Uconnect Case Management

1-800-826-6632 EXT. 302544
Apr 16, 2021, 5:45 PM

Jonnie4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
I just got a call from Uconnect Customer Care who said the 4xe has a known issue with its backup camera guidelines and that a software update (either OTA or USB, not sure yet) is expected to be released by the end of June. I will provide an update if/when it gets released or I get more info.

rarceneaux

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I just got a call from Uconnect Customer Care who said the 4xe has a known issue with its backup camera guidelines and that a software update (either OTA or USB, not sure yet) is expected to be released by the end of June. I will provide an update if/when it gets released or I get more info.
Can't wait my 8 week old Jeep does it 3 or 4 times a week.

Skippy477

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Not sure I buy that. The fact that they are calling it a 4xe problem, when this thread shows that it is clearly more than that lead me to believe they still have no idea what is going on. I hope they are right (my 4xe has lines maybe 25% of the time), but my optimism is low.
Sponsored