Sponsored

Lost backup camera guide lines

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just ordered and bought ANOTHER Wrangler. Got in at the dealer and put it into reverse. Guess what??? No backup lines. I had to laugh a bit. I showed the dealer that I purchased it from and they were amazed. Even more amazed when I rebooted and they were there.

@JeepCares - Where are we on a fix? Q2 is here!
Hi there,

We're extremely sorry to hear about the concerns you have been experiencing with your Uconnect system. I want to make sure that you and your situation receive the appropriate level of attention and care, so I'd like to get additional support arranged for you while you work with your dealer to get this addressed. If this is something that you're interested in, please send us a private message at your earliest convenience.

Thanks!

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle 80th Anniversary - Diesel
Does anyone’s guidelines seem to show up depending on time of day? Mine always work during the day but never show up at night. New owner and assumed this was a feature...
Random.

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
Mine don't work intermittently and completely random on my month-old '21. NBD I've gotten used to it. Being my first vehicle with them I'm not even really used to having such a device to begin with.

Jonnie4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
I have a ‘21 Sahara 4xe - 1 month old. Same problem in terms of intermittent guidelines. I have to back down a tight driveway to get to the Level 2 charger. My solution is, every time I get home, I push and hold the power and tune buttons while saying “I still love my Jeep” ten times and waiting for a Uconnect reboot.... guidelines reappear while cultivating a deep appreciation for this awesome vehicle (no sarcasm - very impressed by everything so far except the intermittent guidelines issue).

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
So @JeepCares helped me out and escalated a case on my behalf as it pertains to back up lines. My dealer has also been really concerned and texts me every couple of days to see if I will bring the Jeep in to see if they can rectify the issue. A premium Uconnect tech called me a couple of days after Jeep Cares opened the case and we spoke about the issue, and this was their response. This is a known issue to Uconnect and he expressed frustration that they don't have a fix yet, however, assured me that one was in the works. He was frank that the original timeline they had hoped for was likely not to happen and for that reason was not willing to promise another timeline moving forward. He said the fix when they get it will be delivered OTA. I know this all sounds like the scripted answer, however, he really did dig in and give other details that I just can't remember.

Sponsored

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
So @JeepCares helped me out and escalated a case on my behalf as it pertains to back up lines. My dealer has also been really concerned and texts me every couple of days to see if I will bring the Jeep in to see if they can rectify the issue. A premium Uconnect tech called me a couple of days after Jeep Cares opened the case and we spoke about the issue, and this was their response. This is a known issue to Uconnect and he expressed frustration that they don't have a fix yet, however, assured me that one was in the works. He was frank that the original timeline they had hoped for was likely not to happen and for that reason was not willing to promise another timeline moving forward. He said the fix when they get it will be delivered OTA. I know this all sounds like the scripted answer, however, he really did dig in and give other details that I just can't remember.
Thanks! It's funny that we rely on technology so much that we forget how it was "before back-up cameras". We just looked over our shoulders without complaining...lol

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
m Uconnect tech called me a couple of days after Jeep Cares opened the case and we spoke about the issue, and this was their response. T
Like it was a CAM bus issue with the codes/errors and the software did not know how to deal with it? That is what I was told as well. Seems like such a silly issue, yet so frustrating. “I still love my Jeep” “I still love my Jeep” “I still love my Jeep” “I still love my Jeep” “I still love my Jeep” “I still love my Jeep” “I still love my Jeep” “I still love my Jeep” “I still love my Jeep” “I still love my Jeep”

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Thanks! It's funny that we rely on technology so much that we forget how it was "before back-up cameras". We just looked over our shoulders without complaining...lol
I know, so spoiled! I like the backup camera so I don't accidentally run over my kids. The lines I guess is just principle. It's funny, even with the camera, I still look over my shoulder.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Like it was a CAM bus issue with the codes/errors and the software did not know how to deal with it? That is what I was told as well. Seems like such a silly issue, yet so frustrating. “I still love my Jeep” “I still love my Jeep” “I still love my Jeep” “I still love my Jeep” “I still love my Jeep” “I still love my Jeep” “I still love my Jeep” “I still love my Jeep” “I still love my Jeep” “I still love my Jeep”
Based on my conversation with them, I'm still not convinced they know what's going on otherwise we would have had a fix already. However, I'm with you, I still love my Jeep, I still love my Jeep, I still love my Jeep, I still love my Jeep, I still love my Jeep, I still love my Jeep!

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
Hi there,

We're extremely sorry to hear about the concerns you have been experiencing with your Uconnect system. I want to make sure that you and your situation receive the appropriate level of attention and care, so I'd like to get additional support arranged for you while you work with your dealer to get this addressed. If this is something that you're interested in, please send us a private message at your earliest convenience.

Thanks!

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Why don't you just have the software folks fix this? I've got the same issues on my new Rubicon...840 miles. Telling folks to go work with the dealer is a standard "non answer" to a known and long standing problem.

Sponsored

griffinm

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
But looking over our shoulders was free. When we pay the premium cost for the Mopar / factory backup assist feature, we expect it to work flawlessly from day 1 … and it should.
The backup lines on my 2015 Ford F-150 never failed. Also, the backup lines on the el cheapo $99 camera from Amazon that I installed on my 2016 JK never failed. (Granted, the lines were fixed vs. dynamic… but doesn’t really matter.) Parking assist features are not new or rocket science. It shocks me to see this problem on a premium priced vehicle … and to see it has been an ongoing problem for so long.
I’m still waiting for my 2021 JLUR to be delivered (hopefully any day now), and I have my fingers crossed that I'm one of the lucky ones that doesn’t have this problem (among a few other persistent problems I’ve read about on this forum).

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
But looking over our shoulders was free. When we pay the premium cost for the Mopar / factory backup assist feature, we expect it to work flawlessly from day 1 … and it should.
The backup lines on my 2015 Ford F-150 never failed. Also, the backup lines on the el cheapo $99 camera from Amazon that I installed on my 2016 JK never failed. (Granted, the lines were fixed vs. dynamic… but doesn’t really matter.) Parking assist features are not new or rocket science. It shocks me to see this problem on a premium priced vehicle … and to see it has been an ongoing problem for so long.
I totally agree.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I also got this "Check's in the mail" response from Jeep Wave.

This has been a chronic issue going back 3 years.

The fact that it hasn't been resolved clearly means they haven't made it a priority. For some of us, it's a safety issue. For all of us, we paid a premium price for a fully functional vehicle.

It's very disappointing. 🙄

MatthewAMEL

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '23 CT5 Blackwing, '18 Accord Touring
Picked up our JLURD last night. Backup lines worked during our test drive.

Went out this morning and my wife said they are gone.

Was going to take it in. Glad I found this thread 1st.

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picked up our JLURD last night. Backup lines worked during our test drive.

Went out this morning and my wife said they are gone.

Was going to take it in. Glad I found this thread 1st.
Welcome to the club and sorry. I picked up my 2nd JL last week and the BU lines were not there on the lot. I showed them and the dealer was like, hmmmm.....

Do the 'ol reboot and they will return... Until they do not again.
Sponsored