Looking for pictures

flipper

First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saburu, honda, Wrangler (first one)
Newbie here. I'm looking for pictures of chrome rock rails/tubular side steps. I have a black 2018 wrangler sport (very black, no trim) and I'm very short. Not sure where to find the perfect addition to my ride?
Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar has one.

Mopar-82215329-Tubular-Side-Steps-Jeep-Wrangler-Unlimited-JL-4-Door-Main.jpg

Sponsored

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Some of these side steps can get kind of expensive depending on if you are going plastic, aluminum, or steel. You said you wanted some rock rails / side steps but do you expect them to bump up against a rock or two or do you plan on truly sliding on rocks? Steel comes to mind when talking about rock rails if using them for anything other than looks. Chrome plating would work if just going for looks but sliding chrome steps on rocks would just scratch them all up (Jeep+chrome=bad things).

Does it need to be tubular or is that something that would just be your preference? How about step lights... is that something that you would be interested in? Roam side steps are coming to mind but they are not tubular.

I guess it may help to know what you plan on doing with the Jeep. If it doesn't leave the pavement, plastic/aluminum (tubular) side steps would work but if you want some protection from a rock...not even while "rock crawling" just piddling through the woods, I would look for something that fits both wants/needs while adding some true protection.

The one issue that you may run into with any metal (squared) side step is the sharp angles. So things like pants, dresses, shoe laces, etc can get caught on/in them and some are sharp enough to pull skin off if wearing shorts and getting too close. That actually may be the very reason you want tubular...

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
Newbie here. I'm looking for pictures of chrome rock rails/tubular side steps. I have a black 2018 wrangler sport (very black, no trim) and I'm very short. Not sure where to find the perfect addition to my ride?
Very short huh? Get these, they look awesome. Kinda pricey though....

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This was the wife’s mall crawler daily driver in 2011, we went the black and chrome route. This was the Mohave theme jk that year.
C930F305-2F0E-456A-B34B-7EB402D35F09.jpeg

7EA3E1D5-C7A3-43A1-847F-4B7C2986A81E.jpeg
E628A354-ABA7-44F1-81B1-15FA66412B72.jpeg

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
What are those?
Roam steps. Also have frame mounted sliders. The body mounted ones do NOT require the removal of the troublesome front body bolts

Brett
Sponsored