Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Hey folks!

I’m in need of a good battery d-block system. The nut holding the three wires has only a couple threads engaged on the bolt…

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a Good Battery Post Distribution Block 7B96572E-718B-4FC3-96C4-42D566351AE0

I’ve seen these (but not sold on them yet, unless someone says they’re great) and I’m not quite sure how they would fit…

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a Good Battery Post Distribution Block 1678985999406

How do you all connect multiple wires?
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I suspect all of the current needs to go through this post for the battery health sensor to work correctly:
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a Good Battery Post Distribution Block 89F349AA-9883-4172-AA79-BF1C1F0374C7

The L bracket I tried is too thick to use:
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a Good Battery Post Distribution Block 5D4D01B8-B39F-4109-88A9-288587775F64

Would love to see a good alternative, or to hear from somebody knowledgeable to speak to that battery sensor.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ground side? There's one on the fender by the battery I use for everything but the winch.
Very good point, maybe that thing doesn't work like I thought. The only thing on mine are the winch ground and I guess chassis gound. The aux battery has been disconnected.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Very good point, maybe that thing doesn't work like I thought. The only thing on mine are the winch ground and I guess chassis gound. The aux battery has been disconnected.
So if it's a shunt sensor, if it's anything like a solar system, you actually want the "load" grounds on the vehicle side of it.

Basically "skips" it going direct to the post.

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if it's a shunt sensor, if it's anything like a solar system, you actually want the "load" grounds on the vehicle side of it.

Basically "skips" it going direct to the post.

Load grounds being something like a winch ground connection?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Load grounds being something like a winch ground connection?
So, basically you skip the sensor, so it'd depend on if you want the Jeep to "see" it's usage.

The winch ground is such a huge short load, it may be better to not have the Jeep mess with it.

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Hey folks!

I’m in need of a good battery d-block system. The nut holding the three wires has only a couple threads engaged on the bolt…

7B96572E-718B-4FC3-96C4-42D566351AE0.jpeg

I’ve seen these (but not sold on them yet, unless someone says they’re great) and I’m not quite sure how they would fit…

1678985999406.png

Hey Jason:

I've got the OEM battery, put into the JL by Stellantis at assembly, and since replaced, sitting in the garage on a trickle charger as shown:

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a Good Battery Post Distribution Block IMG_1617[1].JPG

I got the devices you site from this Amazon link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B097Y6ZZGB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

When you asked if they will fit I'm not sure if you meant "in the small rectangular cutout where the terminals lie" and/or "will the devices open enough to fit on the terminal plug" ....both answers from the picture a firm yes. As you likely appreciate, the female side of the terminal size they provide is adjustable and capable of snugging on the battery's terminal plug given the screw that adjusts each female, and the leveraging down of the "leverage nut" on the end of this screw.

IMG_1617[1].JPG

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, basically you skip the sensor, so it'd depend on if you want the Jeep to "see" it's usage.

The winch ground is such a huge short load, it may be better to not have the Jeep mess with it.
Gotcha. To that last point - I had a battery fail and the dealer replaced under warranty. It was about a week after I washed and re-wound my winch line. I had put the vehicle in neutral but forgot about autopark until the winch had already dragged the jeep up the driveway with the rear tires locked. The dealership read codes and showed me there were quite a few overcurrent errors. They could have easily denied the battery claim, and probably rightfully should have.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The nut holding the three wires has only a couple threads engaged on the bolt…

Is it possible to transfer a cable or two to the highlighted posts?

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a Good Battery Post Distribution Block Batt posts

Sponsored

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Hey Jason:

I've got the OEM battery, put into the JL by Stellantis at assembly, and since replaced, sitting in the garage on a trickle charger as shown:

I got the devices you site from this Amazon link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B097Y6ZZGB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

When you asked if they will fit I'm not sure if you meant "in the small rectangular cutout where the terminals lie" and/or "will the devices open enough to fit on the terminal plug" ....both answers from the picture a firm yes. As you likely appreciate, the female side of the terminal size they provide is adjustable and capable of snugging on the battery's terminal plug given the screw that adjusts each female, and the leveraging down of the "leverage nut" on the end of this screw.

I never thought about putting the levers on top. I’ll probably order these up. Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Is it possible to transfer a cable or two to the highlighted posts?

Batt posts.jpg
I tried the main connecter bolt, but it puts a lot of stress on my connectors. I thought the long stud wasn’t threaded correctly to accept a nut. I’ll check again. Thanks!

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I suspect all of the current needs to go through this post for the battery health sensor to work correctly:
89F349AA-9883-4172-AA79-BF1C1F0374C7.jpeg

5D4D01B8-B39F-4109-88A9-288587775F64.jpeg

Would love to see a good alternative, or to hear from somebody knowledgeable to speak to that battery sensor.
I never noticed that sensor until tonight when I checked to see if I had it. It certainly was there!

I like your bracket idea. What thickness is the bracket? Do you think a thinner bracket would do it or would it be too flimsy?

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!

What if you drilled a little indentation for the factory nut to sit inside of?

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know… that probably would have worked. I cut the end of the L off trying this (the last hole is threaded):
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a Good Battery Post Distribution Block 98F0B83E-9DBC-4413-9168-D8A3147E0352

And then went to this, not perfect but better:
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a Good Battery Post Distribution Block CAAE8CAD-363E-477E-BAF7-A0FE8F296AFD

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a Good Battery Post Distribution Block F7961CE2-4090-47BC-924E-339777BA2271
Sponsored