Sponsored

LOD Destroyer Full Width Rear Bumper Installation

• Thread starter Deleted member 74991
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 74991

First off sorry if I put this in the wrong Thread. Does anyone have any experience installing this bumper? I’m having a hard time leveling the bumper, and getting the license plate bracket to sit far enough away from the body of the Jeep. Any tips/ suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Rhinozeroone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0
What is your specific issue? We have installed the tire carrier version on the previous Jeep and the non-carrier version on the current Jeep. Neither had a problem leveling as they just line up with the bolt holes and are level. The license plate bracket sits flush on the body with the silicone/rubber trim around the bracket once installed. That piece was kind of a pain.

OP
OP

Deleted member 74991

If you look the right side is 1/16Th to an 1/8 of an inch higher.

BDB2B5A1-25F8-46CE-8450-A031B1DC1592.jpeg

Rhinozeroone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0
Is it possible that your frame is bent? Also, I see that you have the tire carrier version. If you tighten the frame bolts after you install the tire carrier, maybe it will be correct after the weight is put on.

OP
OP

Deleted member 74991

Is it possible that your frame is bent? Also, I see that you have the tire carrier version. If you tighten the frame bolts after you install the tire carrier, maybe it will be correct after the weight is put on.
The Frame Shouldn’t be be bent. Haven’t done anything too crazy. I’ll add the rest and go from there. I appreciate the help.

Sponsored

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
That’s how my OEM steel bumper sat after a few good hits. I just stood in top of the passenger corner and jumped a bunch of times till it went back into alignment.
Sponsored