Sponsored

LOD Destroyer front mid-width bumper Sarge Green

wtbman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
LOD Destroyer front mid-width bumper with skid plate, bull bar and license plate bracket. I plan to flat tow with this bumper so I purchased the frame tie-in bracket option. Bumper install was not hard at all. Watch a youtube video first, even if it's for a JK and you'll have no problems. Worst part was disassembling the stock plastic bumper to get the fog light wiring harness. In all there's like 15 pieces and 30 nuts and screws that make up the stock bumper. I'm really impressed. Wife and I really like the looks. I'm pretty sure hitting something with this skid plate would flip the jeep before it would dent it's that thick. Use drive on ramps to get the Jeep at the perfect height for the job. Thanks @lodoffroad for a great product made in the USA!
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer front mid-width bumper Sarge Green IMG_1809 (Large).JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer front mid-width bumper Sarge Green IMG_1808 (Large).JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer front mid-width bumper Sarge Green IMG_1811 (Large).JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer front mid-width bumper Sarge Green IMG_1812 (Large).JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer front mid-width bumper Sarge Green IMG_1810 (Large).JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer front mid-width bumper Sarge Green IMG_1804 (Large).JPG

Pics of the electronic sway bar disconnect system.
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer front mid-width bumper Sarge Green IMG_1805 (Large).JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer front mid-width bumper Sarge Green IMG_1806 (Large).JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer front mid-width bumper Sarge Green IMG_1807 (Large).JPG
Sponsored

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Hey that looks great! Love the color too:like: Send us some "bug" free pics and we'll post em up on our website and social media pages!

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
great looking bumper. i'm looking at the signature series bumper either the full width or mid width.

Sponsored

OP
OP

wtbman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
A preview of what I'm working on and why I bought the LOD bumper:

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer front mid-width bumper Sarge Green canva2s

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer front mid-width bumper Sarge Green canvas

It's real interesting because I don't really feel the extra weight. I don't have a brake controller in the Jeep yet but it doesn't overwhelm the truck. Around town the whole setup drives great. The long butt of the trailer drags the jeep so far out around corners I don't have to compensate too much on turns.

I've had it up to 70mph on the freeway and that's where I am having concerns. The jeep seemed to wander a bit from side to side, almost bouncing off some play in the hitch back and forth occasionally. I need to figure out why this is happening because I'm worried it could get out of control.

I can thrash the truck back and forth across the road at slower speeds and and you can tell the corrections you make will be exaggerated by the time it reaches the end of the train. The trailer however did seem to be able to command the jeep with ease.

Next step is to install the jeep lighting wiring harness and do some freeway testing with just the truck and the jeep to learn the quirks of flat towing and find where the slop is.

There really isn't a lot of information out there from people who have attempted flat towing behind a 5th wheel so I feel like I'm blazing a trail, or maybe I'm just crazy and there's a reason it isn't done. Either way the numbers work: GCVWR/payload/towing cap./length so I thought I would give it a shot.

Build thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...at-towing-build-my-very-own-road-train.53106/

Last edited:

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well you have very good taste my friend! Looks awesome!

Heres our Sarge green Rubi, w LOD middy front bumper and LOD side rock slider steps. The bumper and sliders are rock solid. Also have the skid plate too!

the Jeep is on a 2.5” Rock KrawlerX factor no limits, 37” BFG KO2. The Beach pic in OBX shows the winch mounted along w the factor 55 flat e shackle and fairlead.

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer front mid-width bumper Sarge Green B8C256A7-EB04-476B-AE6F-69F2B418B9E9

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer front mid-width bumper Sarge Green 20677ECD-F517-4F4C-86FF-F5E45EFD09FB

Sbrown02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon (2.0L non-etoque)
Well you have very good taste my friend! Looks awesome!

Heres our Sarge green Rubi, w LOD middy front bumper and LOD side rock slider steps. The bumper and sliders are rock solid. Also have the skid plate too!

the Jeep is on a 2.5” Rock KrawlerX factor no limits, 37” BFG KO2. The Beach pic in OBX shows the winch mounted along w the factor 55 flat e shackle and fairlead.

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Destroyer front mid-width bumper Sarge Green 20677ECD-F517-4F4C-86FF-F5E45EFD09FB

Hi TJP - Do the Destroyer rock sliders on your Jeep have silver accents or is that just the light reflecting differently at different angles In the photos?

Either way nice Jeep.

Thanks

Reactions: TJP

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hi TJP - Do the Destroyer rock sliders on your Jeep have silver accents or is that just the light reflecting differently at different angles In the photos?

Either way nice Jeep.

Thanks
Hi and thanks. they are matte black, just reflections.

Sponsored