Sponsored

LOD bumpers anyone?

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Anyone have the LoD signature series mid-width bumper and a Harbor Frieght Apex winch installed? Just curious how well it fits.
Stubby Signature but the dimensions should be similar. The Apex fits but it is tight and forget about removing the grill once it's in there, it's right up against it. You could relocate the solenoid box though.
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD bumpers anyone? 20201205_101500
Sponsored

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have the LoD signature series mid-width bumper and a Harbor Frieght Apex winch installed? Just curious how well it fits.
Stubby Signature but the dimensions should be similar. The Apex fits but it is tight and forget about removing the grill once it's in there, it's right up against it. You could relocate the solenoid box though.
I also installed the signature series stubby. Love it. I'm installing a winch this week. They ask if you're installing the Warn Zeon during the purchase. I'm not sure if this is for the winch opening or the bolt holes in the winch plate. Maybe both.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD bumpers anyone? 20201205_101500
That’s good to hear. I guess if the grill has to be removed, so does the bumper. No buggy there.

No issues using the lever though? Just wanted to make sure it wasn’t hitting.

Thanks for the response!

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
I really like the look and fit of the full width rear bumper... But.... I watched a YouTube video the other day about the same bumper I'm interested in and my main and only concern is it moving if you hit it coming off of a ledge and pushing it up into the body. It looked like the mounting holes for the bumper were oblong and allowed for movement. Does anyone know if this is still and issue or if the bumper in the video was an old one?

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
@Overland_Texas

i see you have a Gobi rack and the LOD shorty rear bumper... would it be possible to use the LOD full rear with the way the Gobi rack mounts ?

Sponsored

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
@Overland_Texas

i see you have a Gobi rack and the LOD shorty rear bumper... would it be possible to use the LOD full rear with the way the Gobi rack mounts ?
Yes, same gap and the gobi mount will fit. With the full LOD rear you will want to install the gobi rack before the bumper. Otherwise it will be necessary to remove the bumper for gobi rack installation.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
That’s good to hear. I guess if the grill has to be removed, so does the bumper. No buggy there.

No issues using the lever though? Just wanted to make sure it wasn’t hitting.

Thanks for the response!
No issues with the lever. Probably my only gripe is that I cannot see the winch line as it winds on.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I really like the look and fit of the full width rear bumper... But.... I watched a YouTube video the other day about the same bumper I'm interested in and my main and only concern is it moving if you hit it coming off of a ledge and pushing it up into the body. It looked like the mounting holes for the bumper were oblong and allowed for movement. Does anyone know if this is still and issue or if the bumper in the video was an old one?
There wasn't much play in it once the bolts started going in. The directions say to make sure the lines of the bumper match the body, but loosely fitted they were good. I do remember trying to adjust (cuz OCD) and it wasn't moving a lot,certainly not enough to get into the tub. There are 12 bolts holding that thing on, if it moves you have much bigger problems.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
There wasn't much play in it once the bolts started going in. The directions say to make sure the lines of the bumper match the body, but loosely fitted they were good. I do remember trying to adjust (cuz OCD) and it wasn't moving a lot,certainly not enough to get into the tub. There are 12 bolts holding that thing on, if it moves you have much bigger problems.
These oblong mounting holes are what concerned me, I don't want the bumper itself to be able to flex up into the tub of the body when coming down off of a ledge.

Capture.PNG

moonbeam55

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Here’s the shorty version, love their stuff. I also have the rock sliders and currently am saving up for the rear bumper. Second pics for you Brandy...:) Oh yeah.. one more thing, expect a fight to get it unpacked....:facepalm:

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD bumpers anyone? Capture.PNG

Love your kitty cat!!!!

Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
These oblong mounting holes are what concerned me, I don't want the bumper itself to be able to flex up into the tub of the body when coming down off of a ledge.

Mine isn't like that at all. 2 bolts on the side of each frame rail, 2 on the bottom of each frame rail and 4 through the rear frame rail is (OEM hitch holes). This sucker isn't moving! Maybe we are talking about 2 different models, mine is a Destroyer full width.
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD bumpers anyone? 20210121_145535
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD bumpers anyone? 20210121_145544
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD bumpers anyone? 20210121_145550

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Mine isn't like that at all. 2 bolts on the side of each frame rail, 2 on the bottom of each frame rail and 4 through the rear frame rail is (OEM hitch holes). This sucker isn't moving! Maybe we are talking about 2 different models, mine is a Destroyer full width.
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD bumpers anyone? A4E87177-35FE-421B-9850-3B562075B5A2
Awesome, thanks for the pics and clarification!

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Awesome, thanks for the pics and clarification!

I have the full width rear, and agree with above. It’s stout and if it moves you got bigger problems!
Sponsored