Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
I love my destroyer bumper as well but closing it is not very satisfying. It closes like a bank vault until the rear hatch catches the factory latch. I’ve played w/ other reenforced carriers (Teraflex Alpha, Rugged Ridge) and closing those feel alot smoother. Which is crazy considering how overbuilt this thing is.

Anyone else feel the same?
those rubber bumpers need adjustment from time to time. Especially if you Offroad a lot. Mine can get tight but once I make some adjustments it’s smooth again
Sponsored

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
Mine are set prettt good. It’s solid when it’s closed and doesn’t move at all when I’m off-roading. I’m talking about how it actually closes. I slam it pretty hard and it just doesn’t have as nice an engagement as other setups. I still love it though.

geolchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2023 JLUR on order
Are these the stock LED foglights? I've been trying to get my steel bumper LED fogs mounted and the only way I can see to mount them is basically inside the bumper where they'll be completely recessed that I worry they won't even be worth using anymore.

Are these aftermarket?
I discovered that my LOD bumper was set to go for stock LED and halogen fogs…but the sport / Willys fogs have a different mounting bracket than the rubicon ones do, and the LOD one is designed for rubicon ones. I bought a takeoff set of rubicon LED fogs on the forums for cheap and they bolted right up.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I discovered that my LOD bumper was set to go for stock LED and halogen fogs…but the sport / Willys fogs have a different mounting bracket than the rubicon ones do, and the LOD one is designed for rubicon ones. I bought a takeoff set of rubicon LED fogs on the forums for cheap and they bolted right up.
Are your LED Fogs completely recessed? If you look at the picture I quoted the fog lights stick out almost to the edge. My stock LEDs with their bracket sit at the very beginning of the fog light hole from inside the bumper

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are set prettt good. It’s solid when it’s closed and doesn’t move at all when I’m off-roading. I’m talking about how it actually closes. I slam it pretty hard and it just doesn’t have as nice an engagement as other setups. I still love it though.
I still think it could use some adjustments. Mine used to close stiff like that and now it's smooth. Worth tinkering with!

Sponsored

geolchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2023 JLUR on order
Are your LED Fogs completely recessed? If you look at the picture I quoted the fog lights stick out almost to the edge. My stock LEDs with their bracket sit at the very beginning of the fog light hole from inside the bumper
The bottom edge is flush. The rest are a little recessed but it did not impede the fogs much if at all. Looking from front on they do look much more flush than from an angle. Here’s mine:

D9245DCE-7044-4FBB-A9B7-467D42BDDE0F.jpeg

4B50224C-734C-4A03-AC03-1D71A6E64D0B.jpeg

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Looks great. I tried to fit some Diode DYnamic SS3 Pros in the fog slot but after buying 2 different diode brackets I'm going to just mount them on the bull bar and put my stocks in the foglight spots.

Nothing wrong with the bumper, I just decided to put it on before installing my fogs so I don't really want to have to unbolt it to drill anything which some of these diode brackets will require.. :(

The bottom edge is flush. The rest are a little recessed but it did not impede the fogs much if at all. Looking from front on they do look much more flush than from an angle. Here’s mine:

D9245DCE-7044-4FBB-A9B7-467D42BDDE0F.jpeg

4B50224C-734C-4A03-AC03-1D71A6E64D0B.jpeg

EpochTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I'm trying to get some answers without starting a new thread. I'm figuring out my build and I cannot decide on a tire carrier. The two options I'm looking at are the LOD Destroyer rear (Full) or the Genright tire carrier. I know these are two completely different designs, I'm looking into long term performance with heavy use. Number once concern is wobbly spare. There are some really nice hinge enforcements out there but I don't think they'll fare well, I think the latch point will be the point of failure, but I fell there will be a point of failure.
For Those with the LOD tire carrier and some miles with it, is there any tire movement? Have you been hard on it? it's super module, was there any movement with extra weight? It seems to be my number one choice if I go bumper mount. I don't like the installation method of the Genright, but would get over it. When it comes to securing the spare tire is the LOD the way to go?
I'm coming from a 4runner and made a lot of purchase mistakes (for one the 4runner its self) and don't want to that again. My 5th tire was always an issue with it and don't want that wen I go larger in tires. (ordered it with the Mopar Gate Reinforcement and am already pissed at my self about that, trying to avoid this AGAIN)
Any experience with this helps a ton!
I've put a few hundred miles in with the LOD bumper so far. I'm carrying about 106lbs of spare between the Method wheel and the 37" KO2. Also, I have a pair of Max Trax bolted onto an LOD multi-mount. This was tested at a shake down run at Windrock park on a few trails including some of the BOH trails which had me hitting the bumper hard on a few trees and once hard on a drop off onto rock. No body damage, and only minimal scratches on the powder coat of the bumper. The bumper and spare are rock solid. No rattling before our after this shake down trip. It requires some tweaking to get the rubber bumper right, and I had to buy some additional wire and cable loom to run my 3rd break light the way I wanted but that wasn't bad at all. I would 100% recommend LOD to anyone.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
I recently installed the LOD Destroyer Full Width Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier.

I needed a place to mount our Max Trax so we came up with a DIY solution bolted onto one of the LOD multi-mounts. While this worked great it's very much a version 1.0 solution. What does everyone else do to mount their recovery boards?

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD bumpers anyone? diodes
I mount mine on top of my roof top tent. It's pricey, but American Adventure Labs offer a spare tire platform that also has attachment accessory points to mount the boards there. Check it out, they're awesome.