LOD bumpers anyone?

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I'm trying to get some answers without starting a new thread. I'm figuring out my build and I cannot decide on a tire carrier. The two options I'm looking at are the LOD Destroyer rear (Full) or the Genright tire carrier. I know these are two completely different designs, I'm looking into long term performance with heavy use. Number once concern is wobbly spare. There are some really nice hinge enforcements out there but I don't think they'll fare well, I think the latch point will be the point of failure, but I fell there will be a point of failure.
For Those with the LOD tire carrier and some miles with it, is there any tire movement? Have you been hard on it? it's super module, was there any movement with extra weight? It seems to be my number one choice if I go bumper mount. I don't like the installation method of the Genright, but would get over it. When it comes to securing the spare tire is the LOD the way to go?
I'm coming from a 4runner and made a lot of purchase mistakes (for one the 4runner its self) and don't want to that again. My 5th tire was always an issue with it and don't want that wen I go larger in tires. (ordered it with the Mopar Gate Reinforcement and am already pissed at my self about that, trying to avoid this AGAIN)
Any experience with this helps a ton!
Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Well I have no experience with the genright unit, but I’m sure it’s a great setup. I can say that the lod is solid. I adjusted it just like the instructions said, and I haven’t had any movement at all. I don’t like the trailer wiring being the low hanging fruit (already banged it and broke the plug), but when I find a new place for it all will be good.

I don’t know about the genright, but the lod is heavy, so keep that in mind.

Poison Spider in Moab a couple days ago
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD bumpers anyone? 9E5643BC-5794-41ED-8155-3E840DD9AC24

tjeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 TJ, '24 392
I have the LOD with a 37" spare mounted on it. I have had 2 gas cans (~40lbs each), Hi-Lift (20lbs?) and spare (130lbs). Most of the time it doesn't wobble, and when it does, I just have to readjust the adjustments. If I was a bit smarter, I would use some blue Loctite. I don't worry about it too much- the spindle holding the tire carrier is huge. I have dropped my Jeep off ledges and hit the rear bumper and spare, no problems. My only issue has been the rear parking sensors. LOD did not place them in a good spot and my 37" spare sets them off. There have been a few complaints about it if you want to search.
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD bumpers anyone? IMG_4500

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
av8or and tjeeper thanks for response, both of you added pictures which really helped. Extra gas on hand is going to be must and that's not a option on the other. This helped me make an easy decision. Apricate the feed back!

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
My lod destroyer shorty front bumper just arrived, the thing is a beast. I don't have it on the Jeep yet (still waiting for delivery!) but this thing is solid. I opted for their powder coating and it's flawless. Make sure to set aside some time to unbox these though, it's fun with all the expanding foam :LOL: Anything to keep the product in perfect condition is OK in my book though.

Sponsored

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
My lod destroyer shorty front bumper just arrived, the thing is a beast. I don't have it on the Jeep yet (still waiting for delivery!) but this thing is solid. I opted for their powder coating and it's flawless. Make sure to set aside some time to unbox these though, it's fun with all the expanding foam :LOL: Anything to keep the product in perfect condition is OK in my book though.
Are you able to take the LOD emblems off or are they fixed on the bumper? BTW awesome bumper, I'm doing the same thing getting items before my Wrangler is delivered. curious how long was the lead time?

Horsemover

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / 1997 TJ 4.0
Not likely, but if I get my way we may see an Armor Lite Series develop over the next year that may just be what your looking for!

Any update on this? I really prefer the Destroyer to the Signature but like the recessed mount.

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
Any update on this? I really prefer the Destroyer to the Signature but like the recessed mount.
I'm in the same boat. Like the angled bull bar of the Destroyer, but also want a recessed winch mount. That vertical bull bar on the signature is just so odd looking to me.

As of now, I'm looking at the Poison Spyder Bruizer. There's 2 things I don't like it about it though. Doesn't make use of the factory fogs, and has a negative space logo that can't really be removed. Planning to put my front license right over it though.

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
Are you able to take the LOD emblems off or are they fixed on the bumper? BTW awesome bumper, I'm doing the same thing getting items before my Wrangler is delivered. curious how long was the lead time?
It came attached on mine with what look like 2 rivets. I also got the front license plate adapter so it looks just eyeballing it the plate will block the logo. I called and spoke to a rep, it was shipped within a week, they said they had plenty in stock. I'd call and see what they can do for you maybe they'll do one logo-less they were very helpful. Also ask about the forum discount.

JL FTWORTH

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport, 2021 Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the shorty rear bumper...Loving it so far.
What does everyone store in the rack and how do they secure it?
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD bumpers anyone? 568FA283-E3BE-4EAA-A074-1482F4AC164A

Sponsored

EpochTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I recently installed the LOD Destroyer Full Width Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier.

I needed a place to mount our Max Trax so we came up with a DIY solution bolted onto one of the LOD multi-mounts. While this worked great it's very much a version 1.0 solution. What does everyone else do to mount their recovery boards?

0E0A89A3-DDB2-4155-875F-1BECE453C824.jpeg

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Are these the stock LED foglights? I've been trying to get my steel bumper LED fogs mounted and the only way I can see to mount them is basically inside the bumper where they'll be completely recessed that I worry they won't even be worth using anymore.

Are these aftermarket?

Just got it mounted. Love the look and bumper. Nice product! Well packaged too!!

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD bumpers anyone? 0E0A89A3-DDB2-4155-875F-1BECE453C824

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Are these the stock LED foglights? I've been trying to get my steel bumper LED fogs mounted and the only way I can see to mount them is basically inside the bumper where they'll be completely recessed that I worry they won't even be worth using anymore.

Are these aftermarket?
I don’t have the jeep anymore but yes, they were stock headlights. They were the halogen versions though, but if I remember right, the bumper came with a kit to make the LED ones work.

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying to get some answers without starting a new thread. I'm figuring out my build and I cannot decide on a tire carrier. The two options I'm looking at are the LOD Destroyer rear (Full) or the Genright tire carrier. I know these are two completely different designs, I'm looking into long term performance with heavy use. Number once concern is wobbly spare. There are some really nice hinge enforcements out there but I don't think they'll fare well, I think the latch point will be the point of failure, but I fell there will be a point of failure.
For Those with the LOD tire carrier and some miles with it, is there any tire movement? Have you been hard on it? it's super module, was there any movement with extra weight? It seems to be my number one choice if I go bumper mount. I don't like the installation method of the Genright, but would get over it. When it comes to securing the spare tire is the LOD the way to go?
I'm coming from a 4runner and made a lot of purchase mistakes (for one the 4runner its self) and don't want to that again. My 5th tire was always an issue with it and don't want that wen I go larger in tires. (ordered it with the Mopar Gate Reinforcement and am already pissed at my self about that, trying to avoid this AGAIN)
Any experience with this helps a ton!
i have the tire carrier with 37” M/T on methods and it’s titties dude.
I have around 50k adventure miles on it. No movement. It squeezes the tire against the carrier. I’ve been up and down mountains and even thrown a couple shock bolts out but no issues with any LOD equipment. Also have the jerry can attachment, propane tank bracket, upper basket, fire extinguisher, pro eagle jack, and 5 gals of water.

let me know if you have any specific questions and I’ll do my best to answer. Pull the trigger.

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
i have the tire carrier with 37” M/T on methods and it’s titties dude.
I have around 50k adventure miles on it. No movement. It squeezes the tire against the carrier. I’ve been up and down mountains and even thrown a couple shock bolts out but no issues with any LOD equipment. Also have the jerry can attachment, propane tank bracket, upper basket, fire extinguisher, pro eagle jack, and 5 gals of water.

let me know if you have any specific questions and I’ll do my best to answer. Pull the trigger.
I love my destroyer bumper as well but closing it is not very satisfying. It closes like a bank vault until the rear hatch catches the factory latch. I’ve played w/ other reenforced carriers (Teraflex Alpha, Rugged Ridge) and closing those feel alot smoother. Which is crazy considering how overbuilt this thing is.

Anyone else feel the same?
Sponsored