Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It’s quite the opposite here. My local dealer received a shipment of 20 Gladiators and 10 Wranglers right before the lockdown.

Four months later, most of them are still sitting there.
Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I normally drove to Phoenix to purchase vehicles, since the dealers in Tucson aren't open on Sunday's and don't believe people will drive 120 miles to save a few thousand. I ordered a Rubicon last year from Idaho and saved $8,000 compared to the best deal I was offered in Tucson. I now know there is a dealer in the Phoenix metro area that will sell at 5% below invoice, but I don't know if there are any catches. I drove by one of the Jeep dealers in Tucson about 3 weeks ago and I saw a few Wranglers, but I didn't pull in to do an inventory check. I have seen a lot of JL's and JLU's with new paper plates, so they are selling well.

mraplx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' JL "in-transit" Ram 3500
I normally drove to Phoenix to purchase vehicles, since the dealers in Tucson aren't open on Sunday's and don't believe people will drive 120 miles to save a few thousand. I ordered a Rubicon last year from Idaho and saved $8,000 compared to the best deal I was offered in Tucson. I now know there is a dealer in the Phoenix metro area that will sell at 5% below invoice, but I don't know if there are any catches. I drove by one of the Jeep dealers in Tucson about 3 weeks ago and I saw a few Wranglers, but I didn't pull in to do an inventory check. I have seen a lot of JL's and JLU's with new paper plates, so they are selling well.
The best I could do locally without a bunch of add ons was 6k off MSRP. So far it has been one of the more difficult vehicles to purchase and get a decent deal on.

OP
OP
Timmyjoe

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Wick storm has a bunch. I bought mine at Elgin Jeep. I’m live by Arlington Jeep, they didn’t have much.
Wickstrom is the lot I drove thru Monday at noon, and they had no Wranglers on the lot, only a couple Gladiators. Maybe they got a huge shipment in later that day.

Best,
-Tim

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I live in Illinois just north of Chicago, and I drive thru my local dealer's lot about once a month, just to see what Jeeps they've got in stock, usually about 15 to 20 Wranglers. Back in March, they had over 30 Wranglers on the lot and I remember thinking, "Wow, with this shutdown nobody is going to be buying cars, and they're gonna be stuck with all this inventory."

Just drove thru the lot yesterday, and not a single Wrangler, anywhere. They had a couple of Gladiators, but absolutely zippo on JL and JLU's.

Anyone else seeing this at their local dealerships?

Best,
-Tim
Not at Autonation Jeep West. I had an oil change/tire rotation there a couple of days ago, first time on their lot so I walked around While waiting (great service BTW). I have recently moved from houston (where I purchased my Jeep) and I was surprised how many Wranglers were on the autonation lot. I didn’t count but it must have been 50 JLU’s or more and 15-ish JLs. They were parked so “cheek to Jowl” that they were hard to walk through and study.

what I liked was that they had Jeeps that were “stripped” and Jeeps that had “some stuff’ and Jeeps that were “loaded”. In houston, it was hard to find “some stuff” as dealers in my experience seemed to carry “stripped” or “loaded” mostly.

Great selection at autonation if you want to buy right off the lot (as I always tend to do and did in Houston)
Sponsored