Adv_aw8s

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon diesel
Clubs

I love it. Almost 20k on it now. The 8hp75 still will not hold a gear on CC in the hills and I have to lease it in M7 or M8. Outside of that, I am very happy. 23-24 mpg with the Mopar lift and 37" KO2's. That is my review on their website.
Good to hear. Did you regear? I'm lifted on 37's also and regeared to 4.56's and I'm much happier with how it drives. Holds 8th again really well on CC through Colorado. It just seems to shift and drive better!
Sponsored

Jtaugner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURD / 03 Cobra
Build Thread
Link
I love it. Almost 20k on it now. The 8hp75 still will not hold a gear on CC in the hills and I have to lease it in M7 or M8. Outside of that, I am very happy. 23-24 mpg with the Mopar lift and 37" KO2's. That is my review on their website.
Did you order any other parts with the Mopar lift? Been looking at the Mopar Lift but wasn't sure if I needed other parts as well.

How's the Diesel do with the 37's? Feel like you need a regear?

AdvEddie

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Rubicon EcoDiesel -15 Ram 2500 Cummins Mega
I think for the most part the engine is a pretty reliable platform and the issues you encounter may vary depending on your use case.

The biggest issue for me and many others is the engine heat issue. These motors build heat very fast especially when you are on the turbo a lot. So maintaining speed on the freeway with any load is an issue. I personally donā€™t feel that diesel meets itā€™s stated use cases when people (like me) are having temp issues without even towing. Other than that it has been pretty reliable for me and the mileage has been decent.

Powerwise definitely better than the gasser and a tune solves all the drivability problems (latency, dead pedal etc.)

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Did you order any other parts with the Mopar lift? Been looking at the Mopar Lift but wasn't sure if I needed other parts as well.

How's the Diesel do with the 37's? Feel like you need a regear?
We had an adjustable track bar installed with her's but the tech said it wasn't really necessary so i passed on mine and all is well. I also got the GDE tune and it removes the torque limiting in the first 5 gears and by my fuzzy math, I estimate that I am putting 410-420 ft lbs at the wheel. If I launch it at 3k rpm in 4wd, I can be at 60 in less then 6 sec. IMO you regear if you don't have enough torque. Last time at the off road park, just chugged around and barely hit the throttle.

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
Just passed 9,000 miles on my 2022 JLURD
Absolutely love this engine & everything about my Jeep
Serviced the following so far
Oil change -7500
Fuel Filter-replaced 7500
Air Intake filter-replaced 7500 with K & N
Just put 35' on NO lift
Still getting around 25 mpg
Zero Issues
I'm trying not to worry about things I can't control
So far so awesome šŸ™šŸ‘

Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
So maintaining speed on the freeway with any load is an issue. I personally donā€™t feel that diesel meets itā€™s stated use cases when people (like me) are having temp issues without even towing.
How much are you towing?

sciotola88

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Ecodiesel and 2020 JTR
Occupation
Underwriter
You wont regret the diesel. I love mine. 37 inch Ko2s and i still get 25 mpg if I'm easy on her. I do wish it had 4.10 gears for just a little bit more torque but i dont want it bad enough to regear.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
as I stated, having temp issues WITHOUT towing. That being said Ido occasionally tow a small offroad trailer thatā€™s about 12-1300lbs loaded.
What do you have in front of your grill?

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Discontinued Peugeot engine. No problem should be easy to get parts forever. I wouldnā€™t worry about it. Pay the extra money upfront , Plus the extra fuel costs and then theyā€™ll deduct twice as much when you go to trade it in. šŸ‘

HazmatJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Diesel Willy's 4-Door
my 3.0 Diesel was at the dealer for 3 months for a failed diesel fuel system, and failed DEF system, the actual repair took under a week, but waiting for the parts was the part that took almost 3 months.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
i have to say for the longest time I have always wanted to get a diesel jeep, my first was a VW oil burner and loved it! Some people love the 392 cause of the V8, me I just enjoy the performance and torque, sound of the 3.0 and as far as issues I would say all engines have a probability of developing issues down the road, I had a 3.6 from 2016 and that was in the shop a few times, nothing major but it can happen to any engine. I think the 3.0 just gets a bad rep in general simply cause itā€™s a diesel and everyone wants to act like itā€™s the Antichrist šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ i have nothing but positive things to say, and everyone I know who owns one is just as happy! Iā€™m sure there might be some hiccups here and there but diesel in general if maintained well will be fine for a long time!

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
The biggest issue after 20,600ish miles is that it is just too damn awesome! Have you ever tried to look at the Ark of the Covenant? It is like that when you open the hood. Blinding light pours out to the point that you can barely see. Meanwhile, the angelic sound of aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh is emanating louder than that gangsta wannabe's base speaker at the traffic light!
Sponsored