Sponsored

Tuning the 3.0 Diesel?

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
just in case anyone is still looking at this, it is not true that the GDE Tune is CARB compliant. (i don't know if it was true at the time of the attached post.) they are strictly 49-state.

there's a statement to this effect buried on their website, but as the guys at GDE put it when i asked recently; they can sell into Russia easier than they can sell into California.

The GDE tune is completely EPA compliant and CARB approved...that was why it took them so long to release it. So, no fines for that...the problem really is in warranty. If you don't tell the dealer about the tune you will get it overwritten with a flash and if you tell them you will very likely void a good chunk of your warranty (essentially anything connected to the ECU...which is damn near everything that is big ticket enough to need a warranty).

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
just in case anyone is still looking at this, it is not true that the GDE Tune is CARB compliant. (i don't know if it was true at the time of the attached post.) they are strictly 49-state.

there's a statement to this effect buried on their website, but as the guys at GDE put it when i asked recently; they can sell into Russia easier than they can sell into California.
That makes it more desirable! I support almost anything that goes against California's legislation.
Sponsored