Sponsored

3.0 Diesel Poll

Have you had a significant problem with your 3.0 that caused down time?

• Total voters

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
I find it funny how many who do not have the 3.0 on here seem to want to bash it. It's repeatedly mentioned how many "problems" there are with the rig. We had a glitch with the alternator but it was actually fine. The problem was with FCA big brother monitoring.

Let's have a poll.

Have you had a significant problem with your 3.0 that has actually caused down time. If so tell us about it in the comments. Feel free to also comment on how much you love this ride. We do!!
Sponsored

Harrybeerbelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tackhawk
I also noticed a lot of bashing. Kind of makes you think the next time you push the start button the whole thing will blow up.

I just completed a 2000 mile road trip without any problems. This thing just glides down the highway at 90MPH then easily climbs up the 20 degree unpaved roads to the cabin in the mountains.

This reminds me of other purchases I made. My Harley with the new M8 engine comes to mind.
When reading the forums you would believe it was junk. Now two years and 30,000 miles on the M8 no problems. Same thing when the 996 Porsche came out with the liquid cooled engine. Most said it would be a huge problem. In fact no problems with my 996 turbo.

Im sure there are some with issues and I feel for them but its not the norm.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
I find it funny how many who do not have the 3.0 on here seem to want to bash it. It's repeatedly mentioned how many "problems" there are with the rig. We had a glitch with the alternator but it was actually fine. The problem was with FCA big brother monitoring.

Let's have a poll.

Have you had a significant problem with your 3.0 that has actually caused down time. If so tell us about it in the comments. Feel free to also comment on how much you love this ride. We do!!
I understand it takes 10 years to be an expert at something! Clearly it takes 10 seconds to prove you don't have a clue what you are talking about!

26 confirmed

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon eco diesel
When I first bought mine the check engine light came on after only 75 miles. Codes was P2610, took 2 weeks to get parts (new pcm) but sorted out. Longest 2 weeks of my life! 1500 miles later and everything is great. 20-25 mpg, low def usage, awesome power. I did have to push half of my fuses into place even after the dealership had it for two weeks.

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Eco Diesel; 2014 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was down for a month but it turned out to be just unseated fuses! so Not really. I Put Yes, because I did not have the Jeep for a month, but it was not a real issue! hope that clears up stuff.

Sponsored

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
This forum needs another EcoDiesel poll.

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
0 issues with mine! I babied it until 1550 miles.. Then i changed the oil and oil filter and started driving it hard, today also for 30 minutes in 4low on the trail.. 0 issues! Love it and i want it to last forever!

D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
9500 miles on my 2020 diesel. At 5K on the way to Moab the turbo went out. Fixed in 10 days 720 miles from home and it hasn’t missed a beat since then.

Sponsored

Wheelin Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon
At 7k mine had major electrical breakdown. After 3 weeks they fixed it and at 12k it started acting up again so I traded it in for an Xtreme Recon with 3.6l. It only gets about 5 mpg less than the diesel and it feels lighter and hoping it stays problem free

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 3.0 Turbo Diesel
It is a machine with thousand of parts / purchased by thousands of people odds are someone is going to get something that fails. My first Jeep / My first Diesel and I am not only impressed but extremely happy. Every vehicle has its quirks and benefits.
11K miles so far no issues.

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
The poll is problem with a 3.0. Not an electrical problem with the vehicle.

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
I am at just under 20K on my 2020 JLURD, including one 2.5k mile and one 2k mile road trip. The jeep has been in to the dealer for recall or warranty work 5 times now and is getting ready to go back in for #6. The only one of those that was diesel related was for a bad sensor in my emissions system.

I also have a 2003 Cummins 2500 Ram, I love that diesel engine passionately, but even that workhorse of an engine / system breaks. I have replaced injectors, the fuel rail, the HP fuel pump, and the lift pump. I also suspect I am very near a turbo replacement.

I wish the emissions system on the 3.0D was a bit less complicated, but overall I am very happy with both the performance and the reliability...will see what another 20k looks like.
Sponsored