Sponsored

Lightest weight 37's???

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
Im running Cooper sst 37'S and the rode ok until I mounted the spare tire. It feels like Im towing a trailer lol

Granite Crystal Bandit

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Just found these 37” tires from Landsail (https://landsailtires.com/tires/clx10-rangeblazer-a-t). Only 66lbs … they appear to be more road worthy than off-road, but that’s the bulk of my driving anyway. I plan to give them a try once my 35” Ridge Grapplers wear down … 58,000 miles and counting with full rotation of the spare.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Just found these 37” tires from Landsail (https://landsailtires.com/tires/clx10-rangeblazer-a-t). Only 66lbs … they appear to be more road worthy than off-road, but that’s the bulk of my driving anyway. I plan to give them a try once my 35” Ridge Grapplers wear down … 58,000 miles and counting with full rotation of the spare.
Didn't see a 37 on the list. That Landsail brand is known for very cheap tires and those super low profile truck tires you see on 24" wheels. It seems they might be F rated so expect a very firm ride. Might be priced well but IMO it would be better to spend a bit more and go w/ a name brand tire, especially with all the miles you drive.

Sponsored

Granite Crystal Bandit

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
My wheels are 20”, 37x12.50R20s. Who makes the lightest brand tire? Kumho Road Venture AT52s looks interesting.

MountainRigged

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 23' JLUR 3.0L EcoDiesel
My wheels are 20”, 37x12.50R20s. Who makes the lightest brand tire? Kumho Road Venture AT52s looks interesting.
It's not only the weight. The load range determines the ply rating of the side walls. A C-rated Tire is far more comfortable riding than an E or F rated Tire, it's stock load-rating for Wranglers as well as Bronco in the Rubi 33 and 35s. Also, rim size matters (heh). A 17 has a lot more cushion of air than a 20", if that matters. Might not look 'as cool' in the eye of the beholder, but just letting you know in case you hadn't already.

C rated KO2 is pricier than some, but it is C rated, and lighter than most, and also tried and true, with a good 55k warranty.

Gl w your search.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I had 35" by 17" ridge grappler E-rated tires and they road like rocks and wore out quickly. I now have 37" Ko2 C ply they look better because they are bigger, they are lighter, and have a better ride.. and good snow performance for when i got to the mountains. Having owned both there is zero change i would put anything above a D ply on my rig, and i would seek out C's to the best of my ability.

Sponsored

29_Palms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I know this thread has been going for a while, but thought I'd share my research and experience since my setup has been on for 2 years.

Some say that weight is not much of a factor but in my opinion a heavy spun weight kills torque (and MPG) on the street. I went with Pro Comp Series 69 17"x9" and 37" K02s. This on a EVO 3.5" Enforcer Overland Stage 4 suspension. Went with a 17" wheel for more sidewall cushion on the road, and better ride when aired down too.

Love the setup, rides really nice on the street and does well on the trail, and you can utilize stock shocks if you want, and keep the stock driveshafts. Wheel and tire combo is one of the lightest I could find at 24lbs for the wheel and 69lbs for the tire. Still snappy on the street when you want it to be. 40k miles so far and the tires are just starting to show a little wear.

Belmontclan

First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2.0L Sahara JLU Selectrac