Lifting Moab 101 Class

morleyz

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Hi all. 2019 JLU Moab. Was thinking about doing a 2"-ish lift, but not exactly sure which lifts will accomplish this in the Moab. I understand that the existing springs and shocks in the Moab are somewhere between the Sahara "foundation" and a Rubicon (roughly 3/4" each way). Am I correct in thinking a 2" spring lift intended for a Sahara would put me somewhere in the 1.25" range from my current stock level? It doesn't seem like any manufacturer takes the Moab into account.
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all. 2019 JLU Moab. Was thinking about doing a 2"-ish lift, but not exactly sure which lifts will accomplish this in the Moab. I understand that the existing springs and shocks in the Moab are somewhere between the Sahara "foundation" and a Rubicon (roughly 3/4" each way). Am I correct in thinking a 2" spring lift intended for a Sahara would put me somewhere in the 1.25" range from my current stock level? It doesn't seem like any manufacturer takes the Moab into account.
All the lifts, sport sahara moab rubicon end up the same height in the end. Go with the look you are looking for. Whether thats a 1” or a 3.5” go through some peoples posts on here and figure out what look you want.

OP
OP
morleyz

morleyz

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Wait, what? So, if I picked a 2.5 teraflex spring life (for example)...Are you saying if installed on a sport, Sahara and Rubicon, they all end up about the same height?

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, what? So, if I picked a 2.5 teraflex spring life (for example)...Are you saying if installed on a sport, Sahara and Rubicon, they all end up about the same height?
Yes correct. They base all of the lift heights off a rubicon. So the lift will give a sport or sahara or moab more out if the lift but bring it to the same height as the rubicon lifted

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Otherwise they would need different springs for every model

Sponsored

OP
OP
morleyz

morleyz

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
I guess that makes sense. So using my last example of the teraflex 2.5 spring lift, any trim level with that lift should be a similar results?

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I guess that makes sense. So using my last example of the teraflex 2.5 spring lift, any trim level with that lift should be a similar results?
Yeah the overall height will be the same. But you will probably get more height just because of it being lower to begin with. So if a rubicon is getting 2.5” off of it you will probably get 3” or so depending how far off rubicon it is stock. But end up the same. If that makes sense. The thing that will look the most different is because rubicons have taller fenders.
Sponsored