Lifting JLU

mags

First Name
Margaret
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I just got back in the Jeep life and I am excited to start a new build. I bought a 2021 JLU Sahara I am torn between doing a 6 inch long arm lift or a 3.5 inch lift. Goal is 37 inch tires and a 12 wide rim, I don't want it to rub or have any issues. Any suggestions. Thank you

image1.jpeg

Hucke_250

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
What are your on road/off road goals? Daily driver along with over landing and easy trails or rock crawling? Budget?

OP
OP
mags

mags

First Name
Margaret
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Doing a little bit of off-roading and some rockclimbing maybe. Mostly a daily. Budget isn't a concern.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Doing a little bit of off-roading and some rockclimbing maybe. Mostly a daily. Budget isn't a concern.
Welcome back...... if budget is no concern, then I would definitely recommend long arms. I wouldn’t go as high as 6” though, a 3.5” lift will clear 37s. If I had it to do again , I would’ve gone long arm from the jump.

Problem was in 2018 when I got mine, the lift companies weren’t quite ready to release their lifts for the JL platform, so it was either a spacer lift or the Mopar lift. I’ve been on the 3.5” RK Xfactor for the last couple years, and I finally have my long arm kit ordered. I recommend Rock Krawler. Your choices are fairly limited for long arms. Less options than with the mid arm kits.

Good luck with your build.

Advertisement

Chrysler Factory Warranty

Advertisement