Sponsored

Lifetime Powertrain Warranty???

ImAJeepskate

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (JLU)
My dealership includes there own lifetime powertrain warrenty that starts after the 3yr/60k from FCA. Does anyone else have this added by their dealerships? And yes it was free, paid 100 under kbb/edmunds value and talked m th way out of documentation fees. Will be curious to see how it actually works when I need it...
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Your standard power train warranty is 5 years/60K miles from FCA. I'd read every letter of the warranty. A lot of the "free" life-time warranties are bait so you use the dealers service department for everything. You didn't pay for it so your not out anything but the possibility of having to service your JL at the dealer. Personally I think the only extended warranty worth considering is one backed by FCA/Mopar. They offer a lifetime warranty to the original owner only that is very comprehensive.

PowerGuy

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS StingGray
A lot of Dodge/Chrysler dealers offer it. The catch is all the maintenance has to be performed by them or authorized for another dealer. It may be different with yours.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The dealership I purchased from includes a program called Warranty Forever at no cost.
http://www.mywarrantyforever.com
Does not require that your required preventive maintenance be performed at the selling dealer, or any dealership for that matter, but does require that it be done at a service facility and not DIY.

EDIT: I just had them contact me to tell me my warranty has been invalidated because I used a dealership for service other than the selling dealer without a preauthorization. This is after I’d previously gotten said preauthorization and been told that it was OK to use the dealership nearby. Not happy with them. They can go kick rocks. Don’t make a purchase decision based on this “perk”, they seem like scumbags. Glad I didn’t have a situation where I expected them to actually pay on a claim.

Last edited:

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
A lot of Dodge/Chrysler dealers offer it. The catch is all the maintenance has to be performed by them or authorized for another dealer. It may be different with yours.
Yep, mine requires you to take your Jeep to them for all service every 3K miles. So, they make the money up on that.

Sponsored

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
Mine includes it. However I am still considering the Mopar Lifetime Bumper to Bumper warranty, I don't necessarily think my Powertrain is the weak link long term. With the new power sunroof, electronics and radio there are a lot of things to go wrong that could be real expensive. I saw a post somewhere, possibly on a local FB page where the electronic disconnect for the swaybar went bad and the dealer wanted $10000+ to fix just that.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Don't worry. FCA will send you an email at least once a month reminding you to buy the extended warranty.
Sponsored