Led Tail Light ring stopped working

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
2018 JLR 2dr manual...passenger side tail light stopped working? So the brake light still works, The blinker still works, the reverse still works? The red ring around the light does not when lights are on . I have read that some have had issue but no one returns to add whether the dealer replaced or if they solved their issue. I removed mine pulled the connector...all looked fine/clean dry...put back together still nothing. Checked the fuse box in the engine bay ...there were a few fuses that were 40's f27, f29 pulled them and they were fine not blown ( if they were I'm sure there would be no activity in the light at all). So I am still within my 36/3 year coverage and also have an extended 8/85 max care coverage. Was wondering if anyone had any solutions or to just get thee to the dealership? Mine is closed at the moment for employees getting covid..I have to rechedule for a steering gear replacement that I initially took in last Friday to get done only to be told 5 hours later sorry we have to close come get your Jeep (of course without the new steering gear). One month to get parts and then schedule to have installed!! so I'm not optimistic about anything being accomplished when they reopen ! They are not a bad bunch ..just corporate garbage that creates tension.
Sponsored

Hethen1911

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys sport
what was the issue that was found with your tail light mine has started to do the same thing. even though i have aftermarket Led tail lights they plug in directly with the old harness and i have no power for the light the blinker reverse break and side markers all work just not the light itself. Thank you in advance

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Rico,

Yes, do have the faulty tail light examined for potential warranty replacement as the dealer's schedule allows.

I was an early adopter of LED vehicle lighting tech. Time and experience have taught me that sealed assemblies, such as your factory LED tail light, can rarely be economically repaired, or not fixed at all, by the consumer. This is because the assemblies aren't designed with that task in mind, unlike an incandescent tail light that may just require a new bulb. Just an FYI.

Hethen1911

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys sport
mine are made by combat off road but the right side works when put on the left when plugged in there is def a problem with the electrical not the tail light assembly

Sponsored

T-Macc

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Same exact thing happened to me. Rear driver side ring is out

T-Macc

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
My passenger-side ring is out too. Every other function works. Did you get yours to come back to life?
Dealership said the light is burned out and ordered another one. I’ll let you know if the problem is fixed with a new light. I’m worried it’s an electrical problem since it’s happening to other jeeps

kubsr1976

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU-R Granite
Dealership said the light is burned out and ordered another one. I’ll let you know if the problem is fixed with a new light. I’m worried it’s an electrical problem since it’s happening to other jeeps
Glad they're getting a new one for you. Mine have been fine until recent days. No other electrical issues. Thanks for the update!
Sponsored