LED Headlight suggestions

Juanbello79

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler SPORT JL 2.0 272cv
Buenas, yo instalé los led originales del Rubicon, mi wrangler era de halógena, pero tengo un problema, al poner las luces largas o altas las cortas o bajas se apagan y me dejan esa parte oscura y a lo lejos del todo es lo único que queda iluminado
Sponsored

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
I spent about $40 and replaced the halogen bulbs with awesome LED bulbs, and spent $30-40 to replace the fog light bulbs with awesome LED bulbs.
Yes same, but I also did the backup lights. Just a little extra oomph for reversing.

Crowbar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLR, 20JTR
I wanted a quality LED replacement. I didn't want to buy a replacement light and after installing it and using it to end up having buyers remorse. So I went for Diode Dynamics Elite Max's. I like alot of the features of this light. According to reports on these lights they actually outperform the OEM Leds's. 8 year warranty is a bonus too. And assembled in USA. I haven't installed them yet so hopefully they are all that.

Jeep Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
duuuude
I wanted a quality LED replacement. I didn't want to buy a replacement light and after installing it and using it to end up having buyers remorse. So I went for Diode Dynamics Elite Max's. I like alot of the features of this light. According to reports on these lights they actually outperform the OEM Leds's. 8 year warranty is a bonus too. And assembled in USA. I haven't installed them yet so hopefully they are all that.
Congrats on the purchase 👍🏼

Please report back if you can on your observations with them.

Not sure if feasable with you, but I'd install one set on one side only, and compare side to side with the OEM LED headlamp. That would be gold lol.

I'm just curious if these truly would be considered an "upgrade" over the stock oem LED's lighting performance. I'm quite happy with my OEM LED headlamps performance, although I do wish they had a heating element for winter surprises. Jeep's deep cavity design for those lights, are a magnet for solidified H2O.

Crowbar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLR, 20JTR

Not sure if feasable with you, but I'd install one set on one side only, and compare side to side with the OEM LED headlamp. That would be gold lol.

I'm just curious if these truly would be considered an "upgrade" over the stock oem LED's lighting performance. I'm quite happy with my OEM LED headlamps performance, although I do wish they had a heating element for winter surprises. Jeep's deep cavity design for those lights, are a magnet for solidified H2O.
I didn't order the LED option with this. My wife's JL has the LED and the JTR that I had came with LED. So I have alot of time with the factory LEDs. I didn't get LED when I ordered this one because I didn't feel the LED option is worth 1800.00 now.

I ordered the 23 without the LED option because I knew I was planning on chopping the fenders and the OEM LED fogs are pathetic and I knew I'd be swapping the fogs out for Baja Designs.
I've had and currently have a Jeep with the OEM LED's so I can do a side by side comparison when I get these installed. If I currently had the OEM LED's I would not spend the money to switch headlights. I'd spend the money putting Baja Designs LP6's on the bumper.

Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Thanks for shouting us out!

We offer a number of lighting solutions for both headlight and fog light applications.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
might get a 2018 JL Rubicon
Buenas, yo instalé los led originales del Rubicon, mi wrangler era de halógena, pero tengo un problema, al poner las luces largas o altas las cortas o bajas se apagan y me dejan esa parte oscura y a lo lejos del todo es lo único que queda iluminado
Asi jalaban las originales. Creo que tienes que programar el jeep para que sepa que las luces son LED. El Tazer Mini te puede ser eso y mucho mas.

Juanbello79

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler SPORT JL 2.0 272cv
good, in the end with the JScan I managed to correct the problem with the high beams, what happens to me now is that the daytime running light does not turn on, something opens activated or deactivated, but at the moment I am not worried because these days I install the lights daytime LEDs and yes, I will have to try to activate them

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2022 Chevy Colorado
Vehicle Showcase
My LED headlight recommendation, get rid of all of them. I hate it when someone is coming towards me with them, and I refuse to have them in my vehicles, and do that to someone else. As far as I'm concerned, they should be illegal

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
My LED headlight recommendation, get rid of all of them. I hate it when someone is coming towards me with them, and I refuse to have them in my vehicles, and do that to someone else. As far as I'm concerned, they should be illegal
If they're actually aimed right they're ok, it's the ones that keep lifting and do nothing w/ their lights that give the LEDs a bad name, or the dipshits that think it's fine to drive w/ their light bars on their roof illuminated when going down the road :(
Sponsored