Sponsored

Leaving for 10 days, battery issues?

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
I did a quick search and found some dead battery threads, but nothing relating to what my situation will be.

I am leaving for 10 days and the JL will be parked untouched the entire time. I’m the past with my WRX with aftermarket remote start, the battery would be dead after 4 days. Has anyone had issues with battery drain on a stock JL after leaving it for an extended period of time? I don’t want to leave a battery tender on it without anyone home for that length of time.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Use your Uconnect app to remote start and run the Jeep for a few minutes every few days and should be fine.

This is what I do when I left for a month long trip and it works great.

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
It should be fine but I'd invest in a Battery Tender Junior for peace of mind. Unless you have no electric source.

OP
OP

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It should be fine but I'd invest in a Battery Tender Junior for peace of mind. Unless you have no electric source.
I’ve tried the Uconnect app before and it says “there are no active susbscriptions available”

I don’t have the WiFi hotspot in my Jeep. I thought the remote start was only if you had that feature.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I’ve tried the Uconnect app before and it says “there are no active susbscriptions available”

I don’t have the WiFi hotspot in my Jeep. I thought the remote start was only if you had that feature.
You need to sign up for XM Guardian, which you get 1 year free trial with your Jeep, Uconnect uses satellite to connect your Jeep, so no wifi needed, I once remote started my Jeep in my home's garage from other side of the world.

P.S. though I'm not sure if 5" or 7" infotainment systems get this feature, what package did you get?

C69A8584-6813-4384-BDDD-3A3A314BBD82.png

Sponsored

OP
OP

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to sign up for XM Guardian, which you get 1 year free trial with your Jeep, Uconnect uses satellite to connect your Jeep, so no wifi needed, I once remote started my Jeep in my home's garage from other side of the world.

P.S. though I'm not sure if 5" or 7" infotainment systems get this feature, what package did you get?

C69A8584-6813-4384-BDDD-3A3A314BBD82.png
7 inch. Do you happen to have a contact number for Guardian?

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
@Markham I pulled this out of a recent email:
  • Questions? Contact SiriusXM Guardian Customer Care at 877-319-8691

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
I have left other vehicles(with remote start but no ESS) for about a month and did not have any issues. Just filled up fuel and changed oil(if it was near due), did not disconnect the battery and did not run it anytime during storage. Started up just fine each time.

Sponsored

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
If it is just 10 days, there is nothing to do, you should be fine. Heck, many here just use their JL's as weekend toys and if they have a stay at home weekend that's more that 10 days :)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I did a quick search and found some dead battery threads, but nothing relating to what my situation will be.

I am leaving for 10 days and the JL will be parked untouched the entire time. I’m the past with my WRX with aftermarket remote start, the battery would be dead after 4 days. Has anyone had issues with battery drain on a stock JL after leaving it for an extended period of time? I don’t want to leave a battery tender on it without anyone home for that length of time.
@Markham

Do know that the purpose of a Battery Tender is to do what you say you are afraid of...

People, businesses, etc., etc, leave Battery Tender's on vehicles 24/7, 365 days a year as the tender is designed for just that.

To start a JL with an app from who knows where, for a few minutes each day is absolutely, laughable at best. Doing so will deplete the batteries even further and of course there are a host of other reasons not to do this. Doing this is a foolisih move at best...

Best bet is to just leave your JL plugged into a decent Battery Tender when you are out of town or if the JL will sit unused for days.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have left other vehicles(with remote start but no ESS) for about a month and did not have any issues. Just filled up fuel and changed oil(if it was near due), did not disconnect the battery and did not run it anytime during storage. Started up just fine each time.
@COSJL

Your JL is not going to be like your "other vehicles". You try to go a month and there is a good chance you will have issues when you go to start your JL. This is a given...

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
10 days won't hurt the battery or drain it all. You'll be fine.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 days won't hurt the battery or drain it all. You'll be fine.
@Spank

Agreed, 10 days should not be an issue... I myself, would still hook up to a Battery Tender. Why not...

Why take a chance ....reality is the batteries do deplete more and more each day they sit there unused.... which is not the base case scenario so to speak. Battery Tender's are meant to prevent this depletion from parasitic draw.
Sponsored