First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Hellayella, 2021 Mojave, 2006 GTO
Occupation
Machinist
I am going to replace my aux battery. Is there a way to keep it from draining the main battery while I wait a week for my new one? Right now, I have the ground wire from the aux disconnected at the main ground terminal. There is not a battery to be found anywhere local, so I had to order it. I did load test both. The aux battery was bad.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I am going to replace my aux battery. Is there a way to keep it from draining the main battery while I wait a week for my new one? Right now, I have the ground wire from the aux disconnected at the main ground terminal. There is not a battery to be found anywhere local, so I had to order it. I did load test both. The aux battery was bad.
Easy to do. Read here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/3-6l-ess-aux-battery-bypass.17293/

Look over here also..
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/3-6l-ess-dual-battery-consolidated-information.25377/

OP
OP
Trollboogie

Trollboogie

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Hellayella, 2021 Mojave, 2006 GTO
Occupation
Machinist
Thank you, I'll check it out. There is so much ess/aux stuff on the forum, that is overwhelming.

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Now either jump N1-N2 or disconnect PCR behind passenger tire. They essentially accomplish the same thing. Not sure if this matters much, but Id also hit the ESS disable button upon startup otherwise it will activate from off your main. Probly not a drain short term, but could be long term...
Sponsored