Leasing a Rubicon

Muddin4Fun

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
I have been throwing around the idea of leasing a Rubicon. I have spoken to a few dealerships. However I feel like I am not getting such a good deal!

I like to be in the 400 range mind you my credit is great so that’s a non issue. I just want the best bang for my buck.

Final price as of now is 46,858
42 months 513 a month with 10k miles. I feel like I can do better! ‍♂

2BB1D7E0-72F0-4D1B-B465-1F14D6A0B665.png
Sponsored

OP
OP

Muddin4Fun

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Not exactly the info I was looking for. However by the responses its not a good deal.

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Not exactly the info I was looking for. However by the responses its not a good deal.
Have you considered purchasing the vehicle and just selling it in 3-4 years?

Sponsored

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I thought you were only paying the deprecation with a lease. This is more like a rental.

MiSaharaJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
What is the purpose of this rubicon? Daily driver or hardcore off-road use? Things to consider when dropping that much coin.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
This is not the way to determine if a lease deal is a good deal. First of all every state is different with taxes and fees so it is impossible to compare apples to apples. For example in Pennsylvania you pay a 3% lease charge right up front so congratulations on that.

Some people just don't like leases so they are going to say every lease deal is a bad deal.

They have given you the sales price and the residual which is more than a lot of lease buyers get. You need to ask for the money factor and the tax rate.

Once you have that post again and we can assess whether it is a good deal or not.

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
^ he is right - and he is a lease expert! I've been following him all over this forum lol.

Leases aren't really that bad, it depends on your finances and budget. For example:

I have a 2018 JLUR - My budget wasn't up for a $600 monthly payment had I financed the vehicle (and also putting $10,000 down), but I was ok with a lease payment of $430 for 36 months, with $3,000~ down. After the lease, I can buy the vehicle and finance and still have the same $400~ monthly payment... or I can sell it privately and perhaps even make money on my sale. Then lease another in 2021... perhaps by then the JL won't have a 747 type cooling fan :cwl:

Gospeed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Typically Wranglers do not lease well because there are never incentivized lease rates. For some reason the new JL's do lease real well. I have been selling Wranglers for over 4 years now and we probably leased about 5% of our JK's. The JL's are running close to 15% conservatively. I have not had a car payment since 2010 but I was ready to get into something newer. I found it hard to resist temptation on a $39k Sport for $365 a month for 39 months with ZERO down. This will work perfect so I can get into the Wrangler truck when my lease expires!

Sponsored

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
That’s cheap...in Chicago I want to lease a JLUR and the dealer hit me at $680 for 36 months. And if I put down $5000 it was $542. This was based on sale price of 51,600 plus $3600 in taxes. With a residual of $39,900.

I told him he was crazy. That’s like $70k all in if I wanna buy at end