Sponsored

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I'm assuming a Sport S? How many miles? Money factor seems pretty high from what I've seen...usually around .00199-.0022....I got quoted 360 but 2k down on 36 months....I dont have the exact numbers with me

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
MONEY FACTOR .00243
That Money factor is a 5.8% APR. Combined with the fact that you have to also pay a substantial Acquisition Fee to lease, you would probably be much better off financing at a much lower APR via a local/national credit union.

I only lease when the lease MF is lower than regular financing (usually thanks to MSDs and/or promotional rates) and/or the residual is significantly inflated. Neither of those conditions are met for leasing a Wrangler right now.

I leased a BMW because the lease APR was only 1.9% after MSDs, and the residual was inflated by over 8 percentage points. My wife leased a Toyota van because the promotional MF was zero. We came out way ahead of financing in both cases.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
That Money factor is a 5.8% APR. Combined with the fact that you have to also pay a substantial Acquisition Fee to lease, you would probably be much better off financing at a much lower APR via a local/national credit union.

I only lease when the lease MF is lower than regular financing (usually thanks to MSDs and/or promotional rates) and/or the residual is significantly inflated. Neither of those conditions are met for leasing a Wrangler right now.

I leased a BMW because the lease APR was only 1.9% after MSDs, and the residual was inflated by over 8 percentage points. My wife leased a Toyota van because the promotional MF was zero. We came out way ahead of financing in both cases.
78% is a pretty inflated residual!

But I agree. That payment sounds high.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Is this a good lease deal?

Term 39
MSRP 38,980
SALE PRICE 38980
RESIDUAL 78%
MONEY FACTOR .00243
SALE TAX 7%

1K MONEY DOWN

TOTAL LEASE PAYMENT
Looks like an Ally lease.

Your real problem is the sale price. You are paying MSRP. Even though it is a lease you should still negotiate the sales price.

The most you should pay is 1% below invoice. You may have to wait a month but it will save you some money. Search for Tread Lightly on the forum.

Florida dealers suck.

Sponsored

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
78% is a pretty inflated residual!

But I agree. That payment sounds high.
High=/="Inflated". Any Wrangler is likely worth at least 78% of its new price after 3 years, so that's not an inflated residual. If anything, that's a conservative residual, which is only good if you plan on buying out the lease at the end (otherwise, a conservative residual is a bad thing, because it just means higher payments).

When I turned in my BMW lease, the dealer ended up selling it for like $4k below the lease residual. That's an "inflated" residual, since the car wasn't worth anywhere near the lease residual.

jeeper27

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Unless there is something I am not seeing here I wouldn't recommend this deal. Today I got quoted the following:
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
MSRP: 39875
36/mo 10k
5% sales tax
0 down except first months payment
$357 mo lease

OP
OP
Jhon Ospina

Jhon Ospina

First Name
Jhon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport (Billet Silver)
Occupation
FireFighter
Unless there is something I am not seeing here I wouldn't recommend this deal. Today I got quoted the following:
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
MSRP: 39875
36/mo 10k
5% sales tax
0 down except first months payment
$357 mo lease
Where?

bigbg25

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Patriot- waiting for a JL Upgrade
I agree. bad deal. I was quoted 39/12. 7% tax rolled in. $0 down $460ish. and that was with a 8% Apr due to crap credit at the moment. And that was the "first offer." I suspect there is still room. I would look elsewhere for a little competition.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
That's one of the worst lease deals I've ever seen, including Mercedes. My wife's 320i -- $44k sticker pays in the low 300's with no money down, including tax. My M4 lease which was above 90k sticker was in the high 800's (granted, ED+MSD).

Unless you are writing the lease off for business purposes (where leases can be more advantageous over buying/financing), I would leasing unless the terms are very, very aggressive. I.e., you come out ahead.

Find a vehicle, pay 3%+ under invoice (doable), ensure base MF with best credit tier... and with 78% you should come out fine. Not sure how sales tax is calculated in FL on leases though... that may screw you.

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
In NY you have to put taxes down or roll into payments right? I'm paying $470 month for Sport S with a 39m lease but I have crap credit. I was in tier C category with Ally but they bumped me to a B with 661 Fico. 2500 off MSRP of 40k

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon jl
In NY you have to put taxes down or roll into payments right? I'm paying $470 month for Sport S with a 39m lease but I have crap credit. I was in tier C category with Ally but they bumped me to a B with 661 Fico. 2500 off MSRP of 40k
Roll into payment anything you put down you don’t get back