First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Hello, I have been shopping for the better part of a month now.
I currently drive a 2017 crosstrek, I owe 16,000 on it, and pay $274 a month.

The crosstrek is just too small...and its not a jeep...I miss my wranglers and need to be back in one.

I have been to countless dealers in a 30 mile radius, and none would give me the deal I was looking for, until I walked.

Yesterday a dealer I forgot about (Johnston jeep in budd lake NJ) calls me with a quote that I think is good.
ocean blue 2018 JLU sport, soft top, auto, anti spin upgrade(this is a must have) tint package, tow package and side steps, black interior....this is my exact build minus the tan interior, but I figure I will be getting wet okole seat covers anyway so I can live with black
$35,890 decent price, I will ask to see the invoice and see how far below invoice they will go
39m lease
12k miles a year
$4000 down ( I will be using the crosstrek as that payment) I owe 16k and the dealer trade is 20k
$275 a month
So exactly what I pay now, which is what I need, just bought a house, kids are in daycare.
MF is .0019

So lease this now, while I wait to see how the turbo and BSG pan out over the next few years.
Buyout or give back at end of lease is undecided atm,
Im leasing this one in hopes my wife will fall in love with it once she drives topless and doorless, then either trade it for a new 4dr model or buy it out if it turns out to be a solid jeep, and buy my 2dr turbo rubi so we have a 4 and a 2 :)

Dealers hate me because I know what I want, and know more than them about jeeps
I have owned a few...Cj7(grandfather taught me how to drive in that), 91yj, 98tj and a 2000 Cherokee.

Anyway I think that lease is pretty nice, and I don't need a sahara or a rubi atm, or even a sport s...I honestly want no power in my doors or their overpriced ugly wheels, im a simple man, and like my jeeps as simple as possible.
Sponsored

FishyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
While I don’t generally put money down on a lease, I understand your position on keeping the same payment. (If Jeep is ever totaled, you lose the down payment)

Not knowing if the 35k is MSRP or selling price, you’re at about $14,725 total lease cost, which on average is $377/month. It hasn’t been uncommon for people lease a JLU for 36/12 or 39/12 at less than 1% of MSRP per month over the past few months. (Depending on state/local taxation differences of course)

It’s nice to see they aren’t gouging you on MF like some dealers do. We’re you able to get .00190, or did you round from .00193?

My opinion on a “good deal” would be a selling price somewhere at 3-5% under invoice (about 8-10% under MSRP) and having dealer use the “base money factor”.

Given what you’ve said, I think you’re on the right track but there might be more wiggle room depending on your % discount on selling price from MSRP.

OP
OP
ChrispyJL

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
I have T1 credit, so when I go in I tell them I am not paying any more than the lowest MF they can offer, right now that seems to be .0019.
I have had dealers tell me they cant tell me the MF...or don't know what it is...that's when I look at my phone and say ahh shoot, I gotta GO.

I HATE DEALERS, but this is the first one I feel isn't trying to rob me, and met my budget on their first quote.
I am planning to go see it on Saturday, and will ask to see the invoice, and see how far below it they will go.

FishyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Good luck with the transaction. sounds like you’ve found a nice wrangler at a trustworthy dealer.
Sponsored