First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
The Mopar 2" lift will get you there. I have an XR and honestly the lift is in the tires. Once I replaced the XR suspension it easily yielded 2" and then another 1" with 37" tires.

OP
OP
Slacker

Slacker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4DR

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Im torn between this lift and the dynatrac or Mopar loft, but leaning this way not just to save a few bucks, but because don't think I need it anything more. Any downside to this?

And thanks all for your input! Very helpful.
If you like how it rides today this will keep it very similar. My only other suggest if you go this route is to swap out the lower control arms to adjustables or at least a set from the Mopar lift. Reason is, rubicons are already low caster to begin with and throwing 2ā€ more lift in front will only compound the issue.

Sponsored

jaylam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I agree re LCAs. I picked up the ones from the Mopar lift. They were not expensive and I'm happy with the results.

My starting point was a Sport so this might be different for you, but I definitely needed the longer sway bar links and bump stops that came with the Dynatrac kit when I moved up from the Rubicon springs.

Personal preference, but I like the Fox shocks that came with the Dynatrac kit over the OEM shocks.

Last thing, the rear sags a good bit less less when it's loaded down now compared to when I had the rubicon springs if that matters to you.

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
do it right or dont do it. a spacer lift does nothing.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
For your intended use it sounds like a spacer lift would work well. The ride quality is exactly the same be cause it is the same springs. Often changing the springs affects the ride quality because they are stiffer. You can get more articulation by changing springs but you said you donā€™t go off road much. ARB makes a kit with everything you need. They was even quick to tell me the factory shocks were better than shocks in most kits. Plus you get the gizmo to adjust for tire size.
It is not the springs that gave you more articulation. It is the longer shocks.

You can get the exact same articulation out of a 2inch spacer lift than you get off a common 2inch coil lift as long as you use the same shocks.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
OP.
You should buy a 2inch coil lift that comes with at least adjustable lower control arms. Or buy 2inch spacer lift and add adjustable control arms. If the difference between coils and spacers is minimal, id go with the coil lift.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Slacker

Slacker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4DR
OP.
You should buy a 2inch coil lift that comes with at least adjustable lower control arms. Or buy 2inch spacer lift and add adjustable control arms. If the difference between coils and spacers is minimal, id go with the coil lift.
Is there a specific kit you recommend?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Is there a specific kit you recommend?
Clayton 1.5inch ride right +

It comes with adjustable lower control arms and front and rear trackbars. It should net you 2inch of lift.

I think it doesnt come with shocks. You can pair it with fox 2.0 performance series 2-3inch shocks. Or with Bilstein 5100s 2-3inch.

If that doesnt fit your budget.
Teraflex 2.5inch spacer lift kit. And you can buy adjustable lower control arms and shocks separately.

Last edited:

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Clayton 1.5inch ride right +

It comes with adjustable lower control arms and front and rear trackbars. It should net you 2inch of lift.

I think it doesnt come with shocks. You can pair it with fox 2.0 performance series 2-3inch shocks. Or with Bilstein 5100s 2-3inch.

If that doesnt fit your budget.
Teraflex 2.5inch spacer lift kit. And you can buy adjustable lower control arms and shocks separately.
I believe they include upper adjustable control arms, not lowers.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I believe they include upper adjustable control arms, not lowers.
You are right. Clayton claims uppers provide better precision for caster adjustment. Idk why youll need so much precision when doing such a small lift but I guess it works.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
You are right. Clayton claims uppers provide better precision for caster adjustment. Idk why youll need so much precision when doing such a small lift but I guess it works.
Best to do it precise and correct instead of being the next contestant on the death wobble train. šŸ˜„
Sponsored