jscan Live Data

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
I was wondering if there's something that shows what live data is available within jscan, before I spend the money on it.

Specifically, I'm looking for tire pressure. The dash TPMS readings don't get reset until you drive a block or go over a specific mph. It would be nice to view this data while filling up the tires. Also, pretty much all my pressure gauges say something different, so it would be nice to stick with the stock one.
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t believe live data or trail view shows these, it’s been several weeks since I’ve been in JSCAN and I played around with Trail view but saw no benefit in the info it gave me, I use a digital gage when I air up and my TPMS sensors when I had them turned on were all within a pound of my handheld.

Maybe this weekend I can plug my cable in and do some more checking, I don’t leave the cable plugged in as I’m hardly in it as I just make my needed changes and then get out

Last edited:
OP
OP

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t believe live date or trail view shows these, it’s been several weeks since I’ve been in JSCAN and I played around with Trail view but saw no benefit in the info it gave me, I use a digital gage when I air up and my TPMS sensors when I had them turned on were all within a pound of my handheld.

Maybe this weekend I can plug my cable in and do some more checking, I don’t leave the cable plugged in as I’m hardly in it as I just make my needed changes and then get out
Thanks!

I also discovered that through uConnect, there's a "Tire Pressure Fill Alert" app. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like you set the PSI through uConnect and inflate (or deflate) the tire. The horn will honk when you get to that set psi.

It would still be nice to use a scan tool to get a live read of this data, so I can have phone in one hand and hose in the other. But the Tire Pressure Fill Alert app sounds like a nice solution, if it works as expected.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The dash TPMS readings don't get reset until you drive a block or go over a specific mph.
I don’t find this to be the case. If you fill your tires with the vehicle running, the TPMS updates accordingly. I leave the vehicle running, pull up the TPMS screen, fill a tire and check TPMS reading and the follow up with a manual gauge.

OP
OP

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t find this to be the case. If you fill your tires with the vehicle running, the TPMS updates accordingly. I leave the vehicle running, pull up the TPMS screen, fill a tire and check TPMS reading and the follow up with a manual gauge.
I'll have to double check this... Yesterday, I pulled out of the driveway and one tire PSI read 38. At the end of the block, it read 36. Maybe it does change as air gets added, but just with what I've experienced, it seems like it takes a bit for the computer to read the tire pressure.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I'll have to double check this... Yesterday, I pulled out of the driveway and one tire PSI read 38. At the end of the block, it read 36. Maybe it does change as air gets added, but just with what I've experienced, it seems like it takes a bit for the computer to read the tire pressure.
If the vehicle has been off for a while, then yes, it takes a short time for the TPMS to read properly. However, as mentioned, if the vehicle has been running TPMS will update as each tire is filled.

OP
OP

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the vehicle has been off for a while, then yes, it takes a short time for the TPMS to read properly. However, as mentioned, if the vehicle has been running TPMS will update as each tire is filled.
OK got it. The vehicle was off for a bit, so that may had been the issue!

Thanks!
Sponsored