Sponsored

JScan license for same VIN on 2 devices?

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Can I use the same JScan license on my iPad and iPhone with 1 license since it is 1 VIN? If not, what is better iPhone or iPad?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Can I use the same JScan license on my iPad and iPhone with 1 license since it is 1 VIN? Is not, what is better iPhone or iPad?
@stumblinhorse

You can use for both devices ... either or with the single Vin# .

Set up the JSCAN app on one device in regard to your Vin... so your Vin is registered and JSCAN is all set for use with that/your JL..

Now, Open JSCAN, go to Settings >Manage Licenses & Account > Status.. now, there, you will see the purchased and used licenses and also an Account Token that is 6 characters in length and surrounded by an yellow block/button of color .. IMPORTANT: You want to note this token.. write it down.... Why .... because this is your only identifier.

Anyone using JSCAN that has registered a Vin# with JSCAN should... Keep a record of the TOKEN for that vehicle in regard to JSCAN.
IF you were to lose your device, this will save you a lot of headaches... you won't have to reach out to JSCAN, in Poland.

Using this Token, you can type this token into any device (JSCAN app)

On your new device, go to the Settings >Manage Licenses & Account > Status and tap the yellow block/Token button (when tapped it should say “Add”)... now type the Token in. Now, tap the refresh icon and/or restart the JSCAN app.. You should now be all set to use JSCAN on that device on your JL.

You can use it on both Android and iOS. If the you have any issues with this process, contact JSCAN via chat, who will help you retrieve the mentioned Token.

Trivia.... JSCAN switched to this token / identifier approach in 2020.