Sponsored

JLU XL

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
R&D would be minimal for JLU-XL as they are already developing the JTU. So basically would would need a different top that went from the rear doors to the tail gate and a different bed/back of cab:

z0rr8xn-png.png
Could we possibly see this render with a body-color, full-length pop up camper/rack system up top ? I think the proportions look off/limo, without either a high safari-view hard top, racks a plenty, or a pop up camper...

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
That wagoneer concept looks lame. Like others said - a longer GC? The Commander was a mistake to let it die the way they did. If they kept that going, it could have evolved into the Tahoe/Suburban market truck. To kill the Commander when all SUVs then were dying (high cost gas); was very short sighted IMO.

The Africa style Wrangler with a fixed roof would be something. If the power top is supposedly "non removable" and lacks a roll cage and all - I could see Jeep making a non power top version without a roll bar and the full fixed roof on that same platform. AKA the Africa Jeep.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Could we possibly see this render with a body-color, full-length pop up camper/rack system up top ? I think the proportions look off/limo, without either a high safari-view hard top, racks a plenty, or a pop up camper...
I made that in 5 mins in photoshop, As you can see by that my skills are limited LOL

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Is the name seriously "the Wagoneer"? That's supposed to sway a Land Rover crowd? I mean heck why not call it "the Grand Buggy" or "the Cherokee Carriage".

Yes they will have two: Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer. Its because of the heritage associated with the name:

1991-jeep-wagoneer_100568493_m.jpg

Currently the Classic ones are really popular with the upper middle class soccer mom crowd. People are buying fully restored ones for big money.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
That wagoneer concept looks lame. Like others said - a longer GC? The Commander was a mistake to let it die the way they did. If they kept that going, it could have evolved into the Tahoe/Suburban market truck. To kill the Commander when all SUVs then were dying (high cost gas); was very short sighted IMO.
Its to compete with the Suburban, Yukon, Expedition and maybe cross over into Range/Land Rover territory. Its for those looking for 3rd row seating where the Grand Cherokee will not work. It's not targeted for the Wrangler buyer.

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
This would be even longer than the Africa Concept, which is a plus for overlnaders like me.
jeep-wrangler-africa-concept-07-1.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-Africa-concept-103.jpg
other than those god awful rims, I love the color of that first Africa concept.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Same color just different lighting / exposer on the camera

Sponsored

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
For those interested here are the patent drawing that were found for the Grand Wagoneer

jeep-yuntu-concept_827x510_81508146121.jpg

jeep-yuntu-concept_827x510_71508146401.jpg

100% targeting the Suburban demo.
Not sure who you all believe, or want to believe, but according to JG that is not the GW. Back in May when those pics were found, we were told that is the k8. The hybrid concept vehicle for foreign market. Only a few posts in this thread so you can follow if you want. http://www.jeepgarage.org/showthread.php?t=90018
Edit. Sorry. Thread was longer than I remembered. See last 10 or so posts starting May for k8 mentions.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
really? wow, that is crazy. as they say, believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see
Yea like how my avatar makes my Billet JKU look purplish

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, '22 XR
This would be even longer than the Africa Concept, which is a plus for overlnaders like me.
I would totally buy an Africa. Would place my deposit tomorrow.

Fixed roof, awesome.
A little more space than unlimited, great.
No tire on the back to deal with, sweet.
If it comes with a bigger tank plus those jug mounts from the factory, even sweeter.
Those tires look great.

I'd even take those wheels and that color. Too cool.

Ben67

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty CRD
Occupation
Retired
I would totally buy an Africa. Would place my deposit tomorrow.

Fixed roof, awesome.
A little more space than unlimited, great.
No tire on the back to deal with, sweet.
If it comes with a bigger tank plus those jug mounts from the factory, even sweeter.
Those tires look great.

I'd even take those wheels and that color. Too cool.
Exactly the same length of an Unlimited with the spare tire in the back. Diesel 2.8l engine (like the one I have in my liberty), riding on 35" and iron wheels. Cannot be better, I would sell my soul for one (of course with the 3.0l ecodiesel). Not much left to customize except adding few things to make it a perfect overlnaders. I would change the word "Africa" into "Afrika" (I think it would look better).

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
AFRIKA for sure.
35" tires, steel/iron wheels, huge capacity gas tank, sand or Rasta paintjob, add a safari roof like this (but with 3 removable sunroof panels on both angled front portion and back two seating areas), hollow back bumper Water tank, etc. dash mountable rifle mounts for hunting with windshield folded down. I would totally buy the Rasta one.

2zssej9.jpg

Absolutely!

OverLand&Water
Sponsored