JLU Ordering on West Coast

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Did you find a local dealership willing to deal? I heard back from West Hills and they are not able to match 5% - don't know their break off point, but I'm guessing they'll do the TR 1%. I can get 7% at Dillon without any haggling, so that's a better bet at this point.
Keep in mind their Doc fee pulls 1% off that deal. Still great. Counter in a flight/gas and you are probably down to a 5% deal. Which you should be able to haggle in California. I didn't have much trouble doing it.
Sponsored

Jeepvkk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza, Audi Q5
But I'm not finding even 3% let alone 5%. If I found 5% I'd probably stick locally - I'm in WA not CA

Although after doing the math, both Dishman in Spokane and Dillon are about equivalent. So Dishman may be better for Seattle area folks.

Last edited:

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - 2015 Ford Mustang - 2018 Volvo S90
Just got my quote from Dillons, 7.5% under with in house financing, or 5.5% without
Will cost me just under 1% in extra fees and travel cost to get it home
so 4.5% is the benchmark for every local dealer, doubt they will be as nice and easy to work with as DIllions.

Last edited:

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
Just got my quote from Dillons, 7.5% under with in house financing, or 5.5% without
Will cost me just under 1% in extra fees and travel cost to get it home
so 4.5% is the benchmark for every local dealer, doubt they will be as nice and easy to work with as DIllions.
Did you happen to contact Folsom Jeep dealer for a quote? If so, any luck below invoice?

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I contacted them, but they weren't willing on giving pricing via email. I will go over once they have a Rubi on the lot.

Sponsored

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I went to the Lake Elsinore jeep dealer today here in southern California and they didn't have any JLs on the lot but if I were to order one it would be $5000 over MSRP! LMFO! On my way to the Temecula jeep dealer now

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went to the Lake Elsinore jeep dealer today here in southern California and they didn't have any JLs on the lot but if I were to order one it would be $5000 over MSRP! LMFO! On my way to the Temecula jeep dealer now
You should show them one of the order forms on the forum here, especially the -5% ones to show them reality

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
n I went to the Temecula jeep dealer too, i sat there and was doing the ordering part, they wanted MSRP ($49,500) for a unlimited Rubicon with the opions I wanted. Plus 10% for TTL and a $4000 deposit . So around $55k OTD

I asked if they accept any affiliate programs, they said not with the rubicon. It won't have any rebates. I said there are ppl on the forums that are paying under invoice and he said that you guys are liars lol. I asked if he would do 1% under invoice and he said no way, so I just walked

BoBo

First Name
BoBo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ordered
n I went to the Temecula jeep dealer too, i sat there and was doing the ordering part, they wanted MSRP ($49,500) for a unlimited Rubicon with the opions I wanted. Plus 10% for TTL and a $4000 deposit . So around $55k OTD

I asked if they accept any affiliate programs, they said not with the rubicon. It won't have any rebates. I said there are ppl on the forums that are paying under invoice and he said that you guys are liars lol. I asked if he would do 1% under invoice and he said no way, so I just walked
You should try the Jeep dealership in Huntington Beach. They do allow the use of the Tread Lightly program (FCA Affiliate Program) for 1% below invoice, no questions asked.

Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Make sure to leave Google Maps and Yelp reviews to let other people know before they waste their time.

That's ludicrous.

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’ve had some luck and order my Rubicon today.

• Rairdon in Kirkland wouldn’t budge from MSRP.
  • Larson in Tacoma was willing to do 3% under invoice with a $150 doc fee after I got them to match the price from Tacoma Dodge.
  • Tacoma Dodge beat the match from Larson at 3% under invoice minus an additional $500 which made it about 4% below invoice with a $159 doc fee.
I ordered from Tacoma Dodge this morning. We agreed on the price over email and I just walked in signed the papers and walked out. Not haggling, arguing, or back and forth.

I'm closer to Bellevue/Redmond so it was about an hour drive, but to save that money it was worth it.

I was dealing with Kathy (internet sales) and I mentioned that there were some other folks looking for a deal. When we were at 3% she said she'd be happy to do the same deal with others. I'm guessing you can get the extra 1% from her as well.

http://www.tacomadodge.com/staff/kathy-mccullough/

Overall I was super happy with the way she did things, no drama. We even stood and laughed at their "wall of shame" highlighting the random dealer markups on stickers from other dealerships.

Overall a great experience, and now I just play the waiting game.

Norrissey

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Black
I’ve had some luck and order my Rubicon today.

• Rairdon in Kirkland wouldn’t budge from MSRP.
  • Larson in Tacoma was willing to do 3% under invoice with a $150 doc fee after I got them to match the price from Tacoma Dodge.
  • Tacoma Dodge beat the match from Larson at 3% under invoice minus an additional $500 which made it about 4% below invoice with a $159 doc fee.
I ordered from Tacoma Dodge this morning. We agreed on the price over email and I just walked in signed the papers and walked out. Not haggling, arguing, or back and forth.

I'm closer to Bellevue/Redmond so it was about an hour drive, but to save that money it was worth it.

I was dealing with Kathy (internet sales) and I mentioned that there were some other folks looking for a deal. When we were at 3% she said she'd be happy to do the same deal with others. I'm guessing you can get the extra 1% from her as well.

http://www.tacomadodge.com/staff/kathy-mccullough/

Overall I was super happy with the way she did things, no drama. We even stood and laughed at their "wall of shame" highlighting the random dealer markups on stickers from other dealerships.

Overall a great experience, and now I just play the waiting game.
Do you happen to have Kathy's email - only saw phone and I'm at office now. Cheers for paving the way -Shawn

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Do you happen to have Kathy's email - only saw phone and I'm at office now. Cheers for paving the way -Shawn
PM'd to you. Rather not put her email on a public forum.
Sponsored