scottedontknow

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 95 YJ, 2019 JLU x2
Also even if we found the correct wiring harness, wouldn't installing it be a complete nightmare? like COMPLETE dash removal?

@elzilcho dont you have a base modle JL that has the heat pad plugs under the seat? If it has them then it would be silly not to think it would have the rest of the plugs needed no? Id bet Jeep did a wonderful job hiding them somewhere! I need to pull my JL in the garage for the winter and start pulling things apart!!
Sponsored

Gobs

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep rubicon
that is exactly what i'm talking about when I say you'll need new instrument panel harness, or you'll need to add a lot of connectors and wires to make it work.
Great, i have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow
the connector for the center stack is the exact same across all the JLs, the no power to the buttons is because the cold weather package is not turned on. Same thing happed when I did my AUX switch upgrade the buttons did nothing until it was programed.

Edit 1 - sorry i responded to the wrong post haha! my bad!
Great, I have an appointment tomorrow morning with the dealer to add the cold weather. I have the expanded control panel installed and as i said previously all other buttons and knobs work. I will let all know how I make out in the morning
thankyou

reverse01134

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Great, i have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow

Great, I have an appointment tomorrow morning with the dealer to add the cold weather. I have the expanded control panel installed and as i said previously all other buttons and knobs work. I will let all know how I make out in the morning
thankyou
Good luck! Keep us updated!

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Also even if we found the correct wiring harness, wouldn't installing it be a complete nightmare? like COMPLETE dash removal?

@elzilcho dont you have a base modle JL that has the heat pad plugs under the seat? If it has them then it would be silly not to think it would have the rest of the plugs needed no? Id bet Jeep did a wonderful job hiding them somewhere! I need to pull my JL in the garage for the winter and start pulling things apart!!
Yea you'll have to take the dash out to do it properly. I did it in other vehicles and Wrangler dash does not look too complicated. You can always just take the plugs, pins and wires from the new harness that you need for your upgrade.

Yes I have correct plugs and harness under the seat for some reason, I suspect it's because AUX switches and towing package, the only option I have. But it's a part of a body harness. My instrument panel harness 100% does not have correct plugs, you guys with your fancy highly optioned Wranglers :) might be more lucky.

OP
OP
scottedontknow

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 95 YJ, 2019 JLU x2
Yea you'll have to take the dash out to do it properly. I did it in other vehicles and Wrangler dash does not look too complicated. You can always just take the plugs, pins and wires from the new harness that you need for your upgrade.

Yes I have correct plugs and harness under the seat for some reason, I suspect it's because AUX switches and towing package, the only option I have. But it's a part of a body harness. My instrument panel harness 100% does not have correct plugs, you guys with your fancy highly optioned Wranglers :) might be more lucky.
I have to take a look! jeep did some crazy weird things with the JL. I don't get why they just didn't have one harness. it would have been a LOT less complicated for EVERYONE lol

Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Gobs

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep rubicon
I met with the dealer service this morning to activate the cold weather package. They took my Jeep and scanned it and came back to me and said they would need more time to research the codes. They said there are multiple codes needed to be entered to activate the cold weather package. They said they will check into it and get back to me. I asked if they were just brushing me off because they did not want to get involve, and they said no they will research and contact me. if I hear anything I will update the tread here. Thank you

reverse01134

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I guess I can share progress on my end. Please note I am doing this for my Gladiator. So the part numbers I am going to mention won't be compatible with JL but we can share the problem solving approach.

So I asked the dealership parts dept to pull up the wiring part numbers for 2 VINs - my VIN and a vehicle equipped with the cold weather package.

The dash wiring part number was identical on both VINs - 68470402AD
The body wiring were different - my VIN has 68470331AC and the other VIN has 68470327AD. I don't think this necessarily means the body wiring for my VIN doesn't support the cold weather package as there are more than a dozen different body wiring part numbers.

The parts dept guy couldn't recognize which body wiring part numbers can or can't support the cold weather package. So this is another road block that I need to figure out. Easiest way to know this would be to see if there's connector under the seats but the vehicle is just built and being shipped to the dealership. Since I am considering to lose deposit and re-order with the cold weather package, this is not an option for me.

gradwell

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hey all! Thank you for this thread. I am also looking to put seat heat in my 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon. I asked the dealer if I could get the cold weather package added to my existing jeep, they said no. So, I ordered Corbeau 12501 Seat Heaters for the front seats. They appear to be the best on the market. My question for you guys is, I want to wire the seat heaters to the fuses dedicated to seat heat. I note I do have fuses in both F57 and F58. How do I identify what wires under the dash go to these fuses. I would think it would be as easy as just hooking up the hot wire to these wires to get power. Also, if it is that easy, does anyone know if these wires would be hot all the time, or are they part of the ignition? I appreciate any help you can provide, and thank you in advance.

Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
....My question for you guys is, I want to wire the seat heaters to the fuses dedicated to seat heat. I note I do have fuses in both F57 and F58. How do I identify what wires under the dash go to these fuses. I would think it would be as easy as just hooking up the hot wire to these wires to get power. Also, if it is that easy, does anyone know if these wires would be hot all the time, or are they part of the ignition? I appreciate any help you can provide, and thank you in advance.
They are part of the ignition. Looking at this: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/JL-Wiring-Diagrams/HEATED-SEAT-SYSTEM.pdf I'm not sure you'll have wires under the dash, but it looks like every build is different. I dont have correct wiring harness under the dash, but reverse01134 with Gladiator does.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.....Easiest way to know this would be to see if there's connector under the seats but the vehicle is just built and being shipped to the dealership. ....
Connectors are the same. You'll need to check if you have needed wires in them.

gradwell

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Thanks El, what wires would I be looking for?

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks El, what wires would I be looking for?
I posted a link to wiring diagram in post 56 :) , Just check if you have the correct colored wires in the bigger plug under the seat.

And looks like @Gobs has correct wires in his plug behind his control panel

gradwell

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I hate to sound ignorant El, but when it comes to auto electrical, I have a lot to learn. I looked at the diagram you posted but I cannot tell what color wire I would be looking for to supply the power. Can you help me out with that? I have not torn down the jeep yet, but would like to have as many ducks in a row before I do that as I can. Thanks again for your help!
Sponsored