JLU HEATED SEATS MODULE?!?!

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
holy crap lol. Maybe we can just get the heated seats to work without the steering wheel?
I need to research it more, but it might be a possibility. I pretty sure I saw two part numbers for a comfort seat and steering wheel control module, cheaper one said - (minus) heated steering wheel. So maybe jeeps outside US came with heated seats and no heated steering wheel? Or we could just wire seat heaters to aftermarket controller.
Sponsored

reverse01134

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I need to research it more, but it might be a possibility. I pretty sure I saw two part numbers for a comfort seat and steering wheel control module, cheaper one said - (minus) heated steering wheel. So maybe jeeps outside US came with heated seats and no heated steering wheel? Or we could just wire seat heaters to aftermarket controller.
Have you been successful making heated steering wheel and seats work? I ordered Rubicon without the cold weather package but have remote start. When I learned it was only additional $500 to upgrade to the cold weather package, it made me lose sleep. :headbang: Now the order is in paint process so it's too late to change the order...

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you been successful making heated steering wheel and seats work? I ordered Rubicon without the cold weather package but have remote start. When I learned it was only additional $500 to upgrade to the cold weather package, it made me lose sleep. :headbang: Now the order is in paint process so it's too late to change the order...
I'm slowly doing research on it. I think I figured out all or most of the parts needed to do it. It turn out to be an expensive upgrade, not counting heated seats and steering wheel (which I already have) its about ~$600 for me for various modules and wiring harnesses. For you it might be around $400 if you are lucky and have correct instrument cluster wiring harness. On other hand its fairly cheap to add aftermarker heated seats.

reverse01134

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I'm slowly doing research on it. I think I figured out all or most of the parts needed to do it. It turn out to be an expensive upgrade, not counting heated seats and steering wheel (which I already have) its about ~$600 for me for various modules and wiring harnesses. For you it might be around $400 if you are lucky and have correct instrument cluster wiring harness. On other hand its fairly cheap to add aftermarker heated seats.
Thanks for the update! How are you planning on adding Sales Code in the system? Does JScan or TazerJL already support adding the sales code for the cold weather package?

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the update! How are you planning on adding Sales Code in the system? Does JScan or TazerJL already support adding the sales code for the cold weather package?
I plan to use JScan.

Sponsored

reverse01134

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I plan to use JScan.
I am working with allmoparparts.com to identify all the required parts for the retrofit on my Gladiator. I looked up the instrument panel wiring and it looks like there's only 1 part number for JT Rubicon, which could mean it's common and the existing harnesses in my vehicle should support the heated steering wheel (I hope)

Keep me posted with your progress, I will do the same ! :)

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am working with allmoparparts.com to identify all the required parts for the retrofit on my Gladiator. I looked up the instrument panel wiring and it looks like there's only 1 part number for JT Rubicon, which could mean it's common and the existing harnesses in my vehicle should support the heated steering wheel (I hope)

Keep me posted with your progress, I will do the same ! :)
For JL there used to be more than 10 instrument panel wiring harnesses depending on options. It might be only 2 now, but I'm not 100% sure. If you have correct instrument panel harness, you'll need new steering wheel, new steering wheel harness, Steering Column Combination Switch, New AC control panel and heated seat module. Also you'll need to get heated seats or retrofit heater pads and sensors and do the wiring. And hope that body harness has all the wires for heated seats (mine has the correct harness and fuses for heated seats and steering wheel).

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
sitting in my rubicon with the heated seats on reading this thread.

seriously though, if you can figure this out, a lot of people would be stoked. I didnt want all the bells and whistles but i'm glad i have them now. but I totally would have added heated seats after.

I would even go as far as buying the Trigger Six Shooter and using the 5 or 6 input to power your seats. then just have the heat level button select temp. you can remotely turn them on or off or come on when you remote start your vehicle.

I could be mistaken but my heated seats will not come on until the outside temp is below a certain point for remote start. ORRRRRRRRR, thats another thing that doesnt work on my JL, lol.

Gobs

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep rubicon
I also have been looking into this. My Rubicon seems to have all the parts and I am more concerned with the heated seats. The heated steering wheel seems to need more research. I have purchased a control panel with the heated seats buttons but there is to no power to them. I do have the fuses installed and when I plugged in the new control panel everything works but heated seats and steering wheel. Do any of you know if the dealer can program this in and the power will be at the buttons?

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...The heated steering wheel seems to need more research. I have purchased a control panel with the heated seats buttons but there is to no power to them. I do have the fuses installed and when I plugged in the new control panel everything works but heated seats and steering wheel. Do any of you know if the dealer can program this in and the power will be at the buttons?
I listed the parts that need to be changed or added couple of post above (that i'm aware of now, there might be more :( ), i'm 99% sure that most people will need to change instrument cluster wiring harness or add wires and connectors to existing one. And obviously program the options added or add sales codes.
Edit: Instrument panel wiring harness, not instrument cluster.

Last edited:

Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

seriously though, if you can figure this out, a lot of people would be stoked. I didn't want all the bells and whistles but i'm glad i have them now. but I totally would have added heated seats after.

I would even go as far as buying the Trigger Six Shooter and using the 5 or 6 input to power your seats. ...
This or some variation of this is by far the easiest option. I'll try to go the factory way as a fun project/challenge

Gobs

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep rubicon
I listed the parts that need to be changed or added couple of post above (that i'm aware of now, there might be more :( ), i'm 99% sure that most people will need to change instrument cluster wiring harness or add wires and connectors to existing one. And obviously program the options added or add sales codes.
I am thinking the connection on the back of the control panel needs to updated. I do not believe there is sufficient pins in the connection. Does anyone have pictur or know how many wires go into the connector on the back of the control pane? This would be a big help, I have a dealer appointment on Friday to update the Uconnect. Thanks everyone glad i found this thread

reverse01134

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I wish there was a parts list for each of sales code. Then I could simply look up the parts list for the cold weather package and cross check with the existing parts on my vehicle to see what need to be replaced. Perhaps I should visit a dealership and bug the guy at the parts department lol

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am thinking the connection on the back of the control panel needs to updated. I do not believe there is sufficient pins in the connection. Does anyone have pictur or know how many wires go into the connector on the back of the control pane? Thanks everyone glad i found this thread
that is exactly what i'm talking about when I say you'll need new instrument panel harness, or you'll need to add a lot of connectors and wires to make it work.

OP
OP
scottedontknow

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 95 YJ, 2019 JLU x2
that is exactly what i'm talking about when I say you'll need new instrument panel harness, or you'll need to add a lot of connectors and wires to make it work.
the connector for the center stack is the exact same across all the JLs, the no power to the buttons is because the cold weather package is not turned on. Same thing happed when I did my AUX switch upgrade the buttons did nothing until it was programed.

Edit 1 - sorry i responded to the wrong post haha! my bad!
Sponsored